In order to apply for a new job as a retail store supervisor, you will need to craft a cover letter along with a resume.
The following is a standard resume sample for the position of a retail store supervisor.
This sample will provide you with a good idea of how to build a compelling retail store supervisor’s resume. You should make the necessary changes to create a customized version of this resume.
Retail Store Supervisor Resume Example
23 Atlanta Avenue, Edmonton, AB S9R 6E9
RETAIL STORE SUPERVISOR
Focused on delivering the highest level of customer service in order to meet and exceed sales goals.
Detail-oriented and tactful retail store supervisor with 12-plus-years of hands-on experience in building and motivating the sales team to increase the overall performance of the store. Highly skilled in hiring, training, and developing sales staff, maintaining merchandise in neat and visually attractive conditions, and placing merchandise orders. Well versed in operating a cash register and receiving payments.
• Inventory Selection
• Personnel Training
• Reports Generation
• Issues Resolution
• Safety and Maintenance
• Material Take-Offs
• Promotional Displays
• Loss Prevention
• System Inventory
• Purchase Orders
• Product Delivery
Assistant Store Supervisor
Walmart, Edmonton, AB
05/2008 – Present
• Effectively oversee the day-to-day operations of the store, which resulted in a 40% reduction in overhead costs
• Create and maintain a loyal customer base utilizing exceptional customer service acumen
• Identify contemporary retail trends and recommend solutions accordingly
• Observe the behavior of staff and guide them thereupon
• Ensure the accurateness of merchandise
• Implement policies regarding loss prevention, security, and safety
Retail Sales Associate
GNC – Down River, Edmonton, AB
01/2007 – 05/2012
• Timely and safely opened and closed the retail store
• Demonstrated exceptional product knowledge while assisting customers
• Answered questions regarding products
• Received, checked, shelved, and sold merchandise
• Maintained overall cleanliness of the store
• Handled customer transactions on the POS register system
• Deposited cash to the bank.
Master of Business Administration
Concordia University College of Alberta, Edmonton, AB
Professional affiliation with the Store Managers Association of Alberta
Excellent references available on request
Related: Retail Manager Resume Sample