A courtesy clerk position is suitable for you if you want to pursue a career in customer service, sales or hospitality arena.
They must be fast, fun, friendly and flexible and enjoy providing excellent customer service.
This job might be challenging and physically demanding which need continuous standing, bending and lifting.
But, your ultimate goal is to create an enjoyable environment for customers by maintaining the highest standards of customer service.
The responsibilities of a Courtesy Clerk include cart retrieval from the store’s parking lot, maintaining sanitation of the store, displaying non-purchased items to appropriate location, supporting customers with their questions and obtaining cost verification on products.
Below is an excellent sample courtesy clerk resume. You may modify this example as per your skills and job requirements.
This example is very suitable for entry-level candidates with no experience.
Use this Courtesy Clerk Cover Letter to support your resume and persuade the employer to consider your credentials.
Courtesy Clerk Resume Sample (Less/No Experience)
83 3rd Street, Laguna Hills, CA 65211
Seeking a position as a Courtesy Clerk with Safeway Corp Hesperia utilizing exceptional customer service skills and profound clerical ability to ensure the store’s success.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Expert in bagging, cashiering, product returns and store support
• A friendly individual who takes pleasure in meeting people from different cultures
• Demonstrated ability to work speedily and efficiently
• Supportive, eager, and courteous; able to make customers feel important and valued
• Skilled in performing janitorial and store presentation tasks
• Computer: MS Word and Excel
• Bilingual: English and Portuguese
Safeway Corp. Laguna Hills, CA | May 2017 – Dec 2017
Junior Courtesy Clerk
• Escorted consumers to their cars with their bags
• Placed new products in racks
• Gathered and held shopping carts
• Processed returned and scratched products
New Seasons Market, Laguna Hills, CA | 2016
• Provided complete attention to customers
• Adhered to cleaning and safeguarding schedules
• Kept the front-end sales floor sanitized and dry
• Kept section supplies filled and maintained
• Kept the record-area clean and well-stocked
• Answered telephones with proper protocol
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Excellent customer service skills
• Able to communicate effectively with managers, customers, and coworkers
• Works well in a team environment
• Self-motivated and solution-oriented
• Able to lift up to 45 pounds