Nothing defines you better than a well-written career objective on your resume. A career objective or a summary is a short excerpt that highlights how you are suited for a job and what particular skills you have that will make you a good contender for it. It is true that all sections on a resume do the same – sell the candidate as a viable prospective employee, but since the ice breaker in every resume is the career objective, it stands to reason that it has to be a strong one.
The anatomy of a career objective is simple. All that you have to do is self-praise. Incorporate how good you are with what you can do for the company and you have a career objective that will win you an interview immediately. Need a little more information? Here it goes. A career objective should not be more than 4 lines – after all, you do not want to bore the reader. It should not be selfish or irrelevant. You want to tell the reader that you will fit in beautifully in his organization, so the company’s interest and relevance to the job is essential.
A great career objective is one which highlights an individual’s abilities to do the job in sync with the requirements of the employer. Here is how career objectives should be worded:
• Energetic self-starter seeking a position as a Night Stoker. Over 2 years’ progressive experience working in retail environment. Highly skilled in maintaining store merchandise and evaluating items as per purchase orders.
• Highly motivated and experienced Night Stocker seeking a position with City Grocers. Known for meticulousness in managing retail merchandise and handling inventory levels of items. Exceptionally well-versed in organizing store shelves and maintaining cleanliness of store rooms and front ends.
• Enthusiastic Night Stocker seeking a position with AAY Store. Deep insight into handling stocking, pricing and inventory control in large volume retail environments. Proficient in analyzing sales floors during nocturnal hours and ensuring replenishment of all goods according to requirements.
• Experienced night stocker with exceptional skills in assisting customers during night hours, while safekeeping the shop and its merchandise. Highly adept at replenishing inventory and handling shelf stocking activities. Looking for a similar position with a renowned company.
• To work for Hyatt as a Night Stocker. Dedicated and well-organized with exceptional skills in stocking and rotating non-perishable shelves. Qualified to ensure the security of the store during night hours by ensuring that all security systems are in check and that any nefarious activity is dealt with according to protocol.
• A highly experienced and motivated individual with 4 years of experience working as a night stocker seeking a position with FTS. Especially talented in ensuring appropriate and timely replenishment and rotation of retail items, with special focus on ensuring tidiness and cleanliness of shelves and the store.