Nothing defines you better than a well-written career objective on your resume.
A career objective or a summary is a short excerpt that highlights how you are suited for a job and what particular skills you have that will make you a good contender for it.
It is true that all sections on a resume do the same – sell the candidate as a viable prospective employee, but since the ice breaker in every resume is the career objective, it stands to reason that it has to be a strong one.
The anatomy of a career objective is simple. All that you have to do is self-praise. Incorporate how good you are with what you can do for the company and you have a career objective that will win you an interview immediately.
Need a little more information? Here it goes.
A career objective should not be more than 4 lines – after all, you do not want to bore the reader. It should not be selfish or irrelevant. You want to tell the reader that you will fit in beautifully in his organization, so the company’s interest and relevance to the job are essential.
A great career objective is one that highlights an individual’s abilities to do the job in sync with the requirements of the employer. Here is how career objectives should be worded:
Sample Career Objectives for Night Stocker Resume
1. Energetic self-starter seeking a position as a Night Stoker. Bringing over 2 years’ progressive experience working in the retail environment and skills in maintaining store merchandise to evaluate and display items as per purchase orders.
2. Highly motivated Night Stocker seeking a position with City Grocers. Bringing expertise in managing retail merchandise and inventory levels of items to organize store shelves and maintain the cleanliness of storerooms and front ends.
3. Enthusiastic Night Stocker seeking a position with AAY Store. Leveraging insight into handling stocking, pricing, and inventory control in large volume retail environments to ensure replenishment of all goods according to requirements.
4. Experienced stocker with exceptional skills in assisting customers during night hours, safekeeping the shop and its merchandise, replenishing inventory and handling shelf-stocking activities. Looking for an overnight stocker position at Target.
5. Dedicated and well-organized individual with exceptional skills in stocking and rotating non-perishable shelves to ensure that shelves are properly replenished. Seeking a position at Hyatt as a Night Stocker.
6. A highly experienced and motivated individual with 4 years of experience working as a night stocker seeking a position with FTS. Bringing talents in ensuring appropriate and timely replenishment and rotation of retail items, with special focus on tidiness and cleanliness of shelves and the store.