Walmart Stocker Job Description
Walmart stockers usually do not require any previous experience. Their primary job is to handle backend stocking duties.
This requires moderate to heavy labor; that’s why Walmart stockers need to be physically agile – picking up 50lbs worth of weight, several times a day is a norm for them.
The company hires people 16 years of age and older to work at this job as it has quite some responsibility attached to it.
To work as a Walmart stocker, you have to possess some knowledge of operating machinery such as forklifts. Stockers may be hired for a morning or a night shift, depending on the specific needs of the store in question – part-time and full-time positions are available as well.
Walmart stockers have minimal contact with customers, although they may be asked to fill in for sales associates during rush hours.
Organization and time management skills are critical when working at this position, as is the ability to take and follow orders with accuracy.
Since customer services are the essence of working at Walmart, stockers need to do their job well at the backend so that front-end associates can do theirs properly.
Major duties of a Walmart stocker include:
Walmart Stocker Duties for Resume
• Receive deliveries and ensure that delivery items conform to work orders.
• Unload merchandise from delivery trucks and open packages to ascertain that the right amount and quality have been received.
• Stock store shelves with packages after marking them properly and ensure that labels are clear and visible.
• Compare merchandise to invoices to ensure that the correct shipment has been received.
• Open and unpack received items and prepare them to be sent to the front.
• Clean display cases and shelves and ensure that merchandise is properly and aesthetically displayed on them.
• Count items in inventory and make a note of when to order more items in a series.
• Set up advertising displays and ensure that pricing information on products conforms to actual price data.
• Requisite merchandise from suppliers by first determining space and customer demand.
• Attach sale price tags to items and cross out older prices.
• Fill in for sales associates when they are absent, assisting customers in choosing items and making purchases.
• Assist customers during payment procedures and help them carry their purchases to the car.
• Create backend stocking reports and submit requests for the additional merchandise.
Related: Walmart Stocker Cover Letter Sample