A resume is a marketing tool for your profile. It plays a very important role in your hiring therefore its importance should never be undermined.
Here are some quick tips regarding effective resume writing:
1. Keep your resume concise and to the point.
2. Start your resume with a powerful summary statement that introduces you as a viable and strong candidate.
3. Make sure your experience section is action-packed. Use strong verbs to elaborate on your job responsibilities while writing the experience section.
4. When mentioning your skill set, make sure to use keywords mentioned in the job description.
5. Demonstrate your accomplishments with help of numbers and metrics.
Sample Resume for Solar Installer Position
83 Industrial Square
San Diego 44444
jayson. duke. @ email .com
Highly dexterous and meticulous; experienced solar installer with a well-defined customer service-oriented work style. Proficient in installing and configuring solar systems. Strong background knowledge and research in devising renewable energy sources along with a solid understanding of pertinent energy codes.
• Adept at interpreting schematic drawings and practically carrying out the wiring with the main source.
• Proficient in diagnosing and troubleshooting photovoltaic systems and running configuration tests.
• Well-versed in the assembly of solar panels, modules, and support structures for the same.
• Adept at mounting and dismounting large solar panels on rooftops using handheld and power equipment.
• Expert in installing and configuring solar panels and arrays for domestic and professional purposes.
PV Solar Installer
May 2021- Present
Green Homes, San Diego
• Reduced energy costs of the organization by 20% in only 6 months through effective green energy solutions
• Maintained a 5-star customer service rating based on satisfactory project installment, testing, and electrical code implementation.
• Stayed in touch with customers regarding sales, after-sales services, upgrading, and maintenance.
• Supervised the installation teams and tested the system for its efficiency post-installment.
• Studied schematics and building codes to draw wiring sketches prior to system installation.
Solar Installer Assistant
August 2019 – April 2021
ADT Solar Solutions, San Diego
• Labeled the connection wires and tested solar systems after installation and configuration.
• Assisted the photovoltaic team in assessing hazards and taking timely measures for rectification.
• Operated hand and power machinery and equipment when needed for mounting and dismounting of solar panels.
• Monitored the rails of solar panels for safety and cleaned up the workplace on a daily basis.
• Assisted new customers and briefed them about the requirements and prerequisites prior to installation.
AS Degree in Electrical Engineering
Advance Institute of Technical Education, San Diego, CA
English & Spanish