Job seekers who are applying for entry-level event planner jobs often ignore writing a cover letter. But this is not the right thing to do.
Cover letters are even more useful for you if you are a beginner because these provide you with an additional opportunity to convince the employer why you are the ideal candidate for the job.
Here are some quick tips regarding effective cover letter writing for beginners having no experience:
- Instill excitement and interest in your opening to show how passionate and serious you are to take up the event planner role.
- Highlight your capabilities and potential in order to communicate the value you will be adding if hired.
- Ask for an interview in the last paragraph.
Here is an entry-level event planner cover letter for candidates with no experience in hand.
Entry Level Event Planner No Experience Cover Letter Sample
San Diego, CA
emma .clark @ email com
March 6, 2023
514 North West Avenue
San Diego, CA
Dear Mr. Anderson:
I am writing to express my strong interest in the event planner position at AAA Events. I was thrilled to read the job description because my knowledge and skills are an exact match to your job description and I have been looking for a similar role for some time.
Owing to my inborn interest in arranging many successful family events including birthdays, weddings, bridal showers, baby showers, and graduation celebrations I was attracted to event planning since childhood. Now, having completed my associate’s degree in event management I offer you the following qualifications:
- Recent graduate with insight into the latest trends and themes in the market.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional communication skills.
- Knack for creating and maintaining fruitful interpersonal relations with vendors, coworkers, and clients.
- Willing worker who is ready to adapt and learn new things
- Passion for taking instructions and following them.
During my final year, I participated as coordinator in the annual prom night where I was responsible to communicate with various vendors including the décor company, caterers, and the music band. That event was a very successful and well-organized one. I am confident that if hired, within days you will start benefiting from my energy and potential.
I would like to discuss my talents further and look forward to meeting with you for an interview.
Thank you for your time and consideration.