When you are on the brink of professional life and want to obtain your first job, it is often difficult to convince a hiring manager that you are skilled enough to do the job.
But even without the benefit of experience, you can effectively highlight your skills in a number of areas. Apart from soft skills such as the ability to work in a team environment, and knowledge of solving problems, you can highlight skills pertaining to the job that you are applying for. For instance, if you are applying for an accountancy job, your calculation skills can be emphasized.
Resumes often do not have specific rules for jotting down your skills, as long as you don’t confuse them with job duties. Placing soft, intangible skills in a 16-years-old resume will do wonders for your candidacy for the job.
If you want to see what these skills may be, refer to the skills list provided below:
16-Year-Old’s Resume Skills Examples
- Able to effectively work as a team player, and lead teams as necessary
- Familiar with resolving problems before they convert into crisis situations
- Skilled in communicating effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge of delegating tasks to individuals, based on their specific capacities
- Ability to negotiate terms with vendors and suppliers
- Solid decision-making skills, aimed at ensuring that work processes are timely managed
- Open-mindedness, with a solid ability to listen, and provide insight where needed
- Excellent analytic skills, coupled with exceptional organizational abilities
- Critical thinking to develop innovative solutions
- Able to maintain discipline within diverse situations
- Strong time-management skills, with a great ability to ensure that deadlines are constantly met
- Outstanding public speaking skills, along with a great ability to reach out to people from different walks of life
- Able to exercise diplomacy and fairness, in conflicting situations
- Empathetic and selfless individual, with a solid understanding of exercising compassion.
- Great attention to detail, allowing for thoroughness, and accuracy in work processes.
- Desire to learn new things, the ability to learn quickly, and skills in applying learned skills immediately
- Tolerant of change in uncertainty, while remaining in constant working mode
- Able to motivate others to work towards a common company goal
- Exceptional networking skills, with solid knowledge of performing communications and outreach work
- Solid business ethics, focused on following company protocols and procedures