Writing a resume for a 16-year-old can be quite a difficult task. Lack of confidence and little or no experience makes it even more daunting.
But no matter what hindrances are there for inexperienced candidates, resumes are always necessary.
How to Write a Winning Resume for 16-Year-Old?
- Focus on your transferable skills and capabilities gained through education and real-life experiences.
- Write information that is highly relevant to the prospective employer’s needs.
- Relate your extracurricular activities and volunteer work to the job description.
- Proofread your resume many times before making a finalized version.
Given these points, the following 16-year-old resume example will help you in writing or updating your resume. Feel free to use this sample as a template.
16 Year Old Resume Sample
6 Newton Avenue, Plainville, CT 55343
Seeking a position as an Office Assistant with Nepra Inc. Offers comprehensive knowledge of secretarial work, keen attention to detail, and excellent communication skills.
High School Diploma
City College, Plainville, CT – 2018
Concentration: Information Technology
QUALIFICATIONS AND STRENGTHS
• In-depth knowledge of basic office operations
• Familiar with manual as well as electronic record keeping
• Proficient in client care and up-selling
• Thorough understanding of coordinating events such as meetings and travel arrangements
• Computer: MS Office Applications and Outlook
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Willing to take new challenges
• Able to work for long hours
• Good organizational skills
• Typing Speed: 40 WPM
EXPERIENCE AND VOLUNTEER WORK
• Volunteered as a candy striper at Trinity Hospital for Children
• Performed voluntary duties for Save Our Ship Children’s Hospital
• Worked as a volunteer for the UNDP’s Third World Program
• Member of school business society
• Member of Dreamz – the school drama club
• President of the school chess club