Writing a resume for a 16-year-old can be quite a difficult task. Lack of confidence and little or no experience makes it even more daunting.
But no matter what hindrances are there for inexperienced candidates, you can still write a winning resume.
How to Write a Winning Resume for 16-Year-Old?
- Focus on your transferable skills and capabilities gained through education and real-life experiences.
- Write precise information that is highly relevant to the prospective employer’s needs.
- Relate your extracurricular activities and volunteer work to the job description provided by the employer.
- Proofread your resume many times before making a finalized version.
Given these points, the following 16-year-old resume example will help you in writing or updating your resume. Feel free to use this sample as a template.
Sample Resume for 16 Years Old
6 Newton Avenue, Plainville, CT 55343
Seeking a position as an Office Assistant with Nepra Inc. Offers comprehensive knowledge of secretarial work, keen attention to detail, and excellent communication skills to contribute significantly.
High School Diploma
City College, Plainville, CT
Concentration: Information Technology
QUALIFICATIONS AND STRENGTHS
• In-depth knowledge of basic office operations
• Familiar with manual as well as electronic record keeping
• Proficient in client care and up-selling
• Thorough understanding of coordinating events such as meetings and travel arrangements
• Computer: MS Office Applications and Outlook
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Willing to take new challenges
• Able to work for long hours
• Good organizational skills
• Typing Speed: 40 WPM
Volunteered at Trinity Hospital for Children
Performed voluntary duties for Save Our Ship Children’s Hospital
Worked as a volunteer for the UNDP’s Third World Program
• Member of school business society
• Member of Dreamz – the school drama club
• President of the school chess club