A postmaster resume is not simply information on a piece of paper.
In fact, it is vital data for hiring managers to work with so that they can decide if an individual is worth their money and time.
The more professionally it is written, the better chances of you qualifying for a position.
Here is a sample that you can base your resume on:
78 Queens Cr | Gillett, PA 65822 | (000) 907-5214 | janepoll @ email .com
Top-performing Postmaster with exceptional leadership qualities and deep insight into handling operational and administrative work of a busy post office. Highly skilled in liaising with post office counters to ensure smooth operations of postal services and compliance with policies and procedures.
Provides the best customer service to all community and contributes to positive social change in communities.
• Well-versed in ensuring high levels of customer care within the post office and effectively monitoring business standards
• Ability to operate both large and single unit facilities by supervising carrier groups and overseeing delivery of mail
• Adept at creating, submitting and administering operating budgets and efficiently maintaining files and records
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
|– Mail Distribution||– Plans Development||– Training and Induction|
|– Transactions Oversight||– Records Management||– Carrier Oversight|
|– Customer Satisfaction||– Stock Control||– Policy Compliance|
|– Budgeting||– Operational Policies||– Mail Confidentiality|
✓ Successfully started and led operations of a newly opened postal office, without any teething troubles.
✓ Increased mail confidentiality by 75% by implementing a novel system that met government standards.
✓ Implemented a staff scheduling system, which turned out to be 65% more efficient than the one already in place.
✓ Won accolades for developing annual plans for 3 consecutive years, which were considered highly successful.
United States Postal Services, Gillett, PA | 2008 – Present
• Ascertain that day to day activities of the assigned post office are properly carried out
• Liaise with post office counters and external agencies to ensure smooth operation of postal services
• Support the development and implementation of annual plans for the postal office
• Oversee stocking and pricing of postal products and services, in sync with the facility’s policies
• Direct and coordinate both operational and management services of assigned facility
• Interview, hire and train employees to work at different levels at the postal office
• Oversee incoming and outgoing mail procedures and processes, ensuring that they are properly executed
• Ascertain that all rents for post office boxes are timely collected and that any discrepancies in mail delivery are properly sorted
USPS, Gillett, PA| 2002 – 2008
• Received incoming mail and ensured that it was properly sorted and stacked
• Prepared outgoing mail for delivery, ensuring that all postages are in order
• Provided customers with information on offered services and products
• Assisted customers in operating stamp machines and ensured that appropriate postage was being affixed
• Ascertained the overall neatness and cleanliness of the office by ensuring that mail was properly managed
High School Diploma
Gillett High School, Gillett, PA | 1999