A postmaster resume is not simply information on a piece of paper. In fact, it is vital data for hiring managers to work with so that they can decide if an individual is worth their money and time.
The more professionally it is written, the better your chances of you qualifying for a position.
Here is a sample on that you can base your resume:
Postmaster Resume Example
78 Queens Cr
Gillett, PA 65822
janepoll @ email .com
Decision Making – Accountability – Business Orientation – Policies Implementation – Leadership
Top-performing Postmaster with exceptional leadership qualities and deep insight into handling the operational and administrative work of a busy post office. Highly skilled in liaising with post office counters to ensure smooth operations of postal services and compliance with policies and procedures. Provided the best customer service to all communities that contributed to positive social change in communities.
• Well-versed in ensuring high levels of customer care within the post office and effectively monitoring business standards.
• Ability to operate both large and single-unit facilities by supervising carrier groups and overseeing the delivery of mail.
• Adept at creating, submitting, and administering operating budgets and efficiently maintaining files and records
CORE SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
– Mail Distribution – Plans Development
– Training and Induction – Transactions Oversight
– Records Management – Carrier Oversight
– Customer Satisfaction – Stock Control
– Policy Compliance – Budgeting
– Operational Policies – Mail Confidentiality
✓ Successfully started and led operations of a newly opened postal office, without any teething troubles.
✓ Increased mail confidentiality by 80% by implementing a novel system that met government standards.
✓ Implemented a staff scheduling system, which turned out to be 65% more efficient than the one already in place.
✓ Won accolades for developing annual plans for 3 consecutive years, which were considered highly successful.
United States Postal Services, Gillett, PA
2018 – Present
• Ensure that day to day activities of the assigned post office are properly carried out
• Liaise with post office counters and external agencies to ensure the smooth operation of postal services
• Support the development and implementation of annual plans for the postal office
• Oversee stocking and pricing of postal products and services, in sync with the facility’s policies
• Direct and coordinate both operational and management services of assigned facility
• Interview, hire and train employees to work at different levels at the postal office
• Oversee incoming and outgoing mail procedures and processes, ensuring that they are properly executed
• Timely collect rent for post office boxes
• Sort out any discrepancies in mail delivery
USPS, Gillett, PA
2012 – 2018
• Received incoming mail and ensured that it was properly sorted and stacked
• Prepared outgoing mail for delivery, ensuring that all postages are in order
• Provided customers with information on offered services and products
• Assisted customers in operating stamp machines and ensured that appropriate postage was being affixed
• Handled overall neatness and cleanliness of the office while ensuring that mail was properly managed
High School Diploma
Gillett High School, Gillett, PA