Paraeducators work under the supervision of an administrator and the direction of certified/licensed staff.
They help the teacher in the learning of students including instructional assistance, organization, record keeping, management of student activities, classroom wellbeing, correspond with students, support employees, and parents.
If you are seeking a job as a paraeducator, then you must create a professional resume along with a paraeducator cover letter that lists your objective, qualifications, education, and relevant skills.
Write your resume in your own words.
Do not use content from others’ resumes; you can face a hard time talking and justifying during an interview.
Recommended: Paraeducator Cover Letter
Sample Resume for Paraeducator Position
5 E. 8th Street, Rutland, VT 02514
To obtain a Paraeducator position at Rutland Community School where a strong commitment to the total development of children and a high degree of enthusiasm will be fully utilized.
- Over 9 years of experience as Paraeducator
- Highly skilled in curriculum development, behavior management, and recordkeeping
- In-depth knowledge of child and adolescent development
- Able to adapt and accommodate educational curriculum
- Demonstrated capability of working with students of different backgrounds
- Proven record of monitoring students’ needs
- Well versed in working collaboratively with teachers and other staff to implement lesson plans
- Comprehensive knowledge of instructional support for individual students in the classroom
- Proven ability to respect the confidentiality of staff and students
Rutland Public School – Rutland, VT
Mar 2014 – Present
Participated in outdoor activities with students – Increased student morale by 50%. Resolved problems of students regarding the curriculum.
- Execute lesson plans as prepared and assigned by classroom teachers.
- Assist instructional support service and classroom teachers as designed and requested.
- Oversee and administer students.
- Implement program adaptations; follow behavioral organization plans, and maintain data files.
- Assist with regular secretarial functions.
Roberts Elementary School – Rutland, VT
Feb 2011 – Mar 2014
- Organized special events and student activities.
- Participated in training and worked with students.
- Corrected student work.
- Performed additional duties as assigned by the principal and teachers.
High School Diploma
Rutland High School, Rutland, VT
CPR and First Aid
- MS Word
- MS Excel