If you are seeking a career as paraeducator, you must create a professional resume along with a Paraeducator cover letter that lists your objective, qualifications, education and relevant skills. Write your resume in own words. Do not use content from others’ resumes otherwise you can face a hard time talking and justifying during interview.
Paraeducators work under the supervision of an administrator and direction of a certificated/licensed staff. They help the teacher in the learning of students including instructional assistance, organization, record keeping, management of student activities, classroom wellbeing, correspond with students, support employees and parents.
Paraeducator Resume Sample
5 E. Example Street ♦ Rutland, VT 02514 ♦ (251) 989-9999 ♦ anna @ email . com
To obtain a Paraeducator position at Rutland Community School, where a strong commitment to the total development of children and a high degree of enthusiasm can be fully utilized.
• Over 1 year experience as Para-educator
• Highly skilled in curriculum development, behaviour management and recordkeeping
• In-depth knowledge of child and adolescent development
• Able to adapt and accommodate educational curriculum
• Demonstrated capability of working with students of different backgrounds
• Proven record of monitoring students’ needs
• Well versed in working collaboratively with teachers and other staff to implement lesson plans
• Comprehensive knowledge of instructional support for individual students in classroom
• Proven ability to respect confidentiality of staff and students
• Participated in outdoor activities with students – Increased student morale by 50%
• Resolved problems of students regarding curriculum
Feb 2011 – Present
Rutland City Public Schools – Rutland, VT 05214
• Execute lesson plans as prepared and assigned by classroom teachers
• Assist instructional support service and classroom teachers as designed and requested
• Oversee and administer students
• Implement program adaptations; follow behavioral organization plans, and maintain data files
• Assist with regular secretarial functions
• Organize special events and student activities.
• Participate in training before working with students
• Correct student work
• Perform additional duties as assigned by the principal and teachers
High School Diploma – 2010
CPR and First Aid – 2011
• MS Word • MS Excel • PowerPoint • Internet