Making a resume as a housewife to re-enter the job market is much more challenging as compared to a first timer’s resume. However, housewives can get noticed in the job market if the resume focuses more on their skills and less on the lacking professional experience. The key is to enlist whatever you have learned and acquired while staying at home to cover up those missing work years.
Every resume should be crafted to target a certain position and likewise, there should be a separate resume for each position. In order to create a targeted resume for a housewife, special attention needs to be paid to requirement-qualification-matching details.
Following is one such sample resume of a housewife who is re-entering the work force and seeking the position of a caregiver/home maker.
559 Atlanta Avenue | Seattle, WA 54147 | (099) 854.6322| joy.smith @ email . com
CAREER OBJECTIVE: Seeking the position as a Homemaker/Caregiver at ABC Company bringing a positive change in the life of residents through eagerly applying companionship, communication and housekeeping skills.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONA
• Seasoned home manager, experienced in financial management (budgeting), crisis management and house hold administration
• CPR and BLS certified
• Current driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record and owner of an insured vehicle
• Thorough understanding of special care needs especially among patients of Alzheimer’s and Dementia
• Friendly personality and a listening ear, with natural talent of counseling
Caregiver | Right at Home, Seattle, WA (Summer 2006)
• Observed residents on daily basis, recorded their vitals and temperature, and ensured regular and timely medication
• Offered companionship to an elderly lady four hours a day, cheering her up with conversations and taking her out in the garden on her wheelchair to get fresh air
• Assisted in personal care including toileting, grooming, bathing and personal hygiene
• Performed light housekeeping tasks such as dusting, sorting out laundry and helping in the kitchen
• Prepared meals based on special dietary requirements for two residents of the old home on daily basis
• Assisted in housekeeping at Bernie’s home for the elderly for six months
• Organized many Christmas and Easter dinners at the local community church
• Volunteered to accompany elderly friends and relatives where and when needed, especially during hospital visits
• Volunteered to babysit and tutor many neighbor’s kids several times
• Offered first-aid help whenever needed in the neighborhood
CORE SKILLS/ TRAITS
• Compassionate caregiving ability
• Multi tasking managerial abilities
• Outgoing communication skills
• A good listener who has good Counselling skills
• Very patient and calm personality
GED: Saint Rosemary’s School, Seattle, WA – 2001