There is no doubt about the fact that a professional summary is the crowning glory of a resume.
It is important to begin your resume by using a professional summary because this way, a hiring manager can effectively determine your skills by just looking at the beginning of your most important job application document.
It is true that the beginning of any document is most important. Hence, the professional summary projects you as a capable individual, who can offer skills in accordance with a hiring manager’s requirements.
Writing a professional summary is not difficult, but you do have to check the hiring manager’s requirements first. Make your professional summary short and sweet – refrain from using flowery language, and do not make it too long.
The essence of your resume should be clearly seen in your professional summary. For instance, if you are applying for a receptionist position, you should highlight the fact that you are organized, and can handle administrative and front desk work.
Generic Professional Summary Examples
1. Highly competent Receptionist with excellent organizational and communication skills. Deeply familiar with providing excellent customer services, focusing on ensuring customer retention, and repeat business. Knowledge of handling front desk and clerical operations in sync with the company’s requirements.
2. Seasoned Clerk with 15+ years of experience in working for a multinational company. Highly knowledgeable about performing clerical and administrative work. Offering excellent interpersonal and communication skills. A solid grasp on customer service initiatives, with exceptional knowledge of performing multitasking.
3. Dynamic and resourceful Administrative Assistant with expansive experience in working in a high-volume office environment. Deeply familiar with performing a wide variety of tasks by effectively exercising communication and interpersonal skills. Proficient in managing correspondence, and ensuring delivery of excellent customer and guest services, in accordance with the company’s requirements.
4. Highly skilled Office Assistant eager to apply excellent communication, and leadership qualities. Experienced in providing executive support in terms of administrative and clerical work. Adept at handling incoming and outgoing mail, with a solid understanding of official work processes. Deadline-oriented individual, boasting of an excellent track record in an official capacity.
5. An exceptionally talented Project Manager with over 3 years of experience. Specialties include the ability to work well with people and lead teams to ensure consistent deadline management. Competent in working with technology, and operating office equipment such as computers, fax machines, and printers. Able to work on more than one project at a time, with complete focus on timeliness and accuracy.