A resume is a one-page profile that describes a candidate’s qualifications and skills. It is an essential part of any job application for Gardner’s position.
Yes! Gardeners need well-written and attractive resumes to get a highly paid job. Your resume will tell the employer what your career goals are and what you can do for him.
The following resume along with this cover letter for Gardner position will assist you in obtaining your dream job.
Gardener Resume Example
12 Rimwood Drive, Smithfield, RI 88822
Bringing strong horticulture and landscaping skills, coupled with an aesthetic sense.
• Around seven years of experience working in landscaping and gardening field
• Highly experienced in performing technical horticultural duties related to grounds maintenance
• Proficient in operating power equipment for gardening such as mowers, trimmers, and blowers
• Good knowledge of irrigation systems and relevant security measures
• Advanced landscape maintenance
• Following instructions
• Plant and pest identification
• Lifting over 80 lbs
• Renovated the City Park in record time for the 4th of July Celebrations.
• Trained three teams of junior gardeners providing them information and classes on landscaping.
Columbia University, New York, NY
2015 – present
• Perform, direct and supervise all kinds of grounds keeping functions
• Maintain and make repairs to grounds keeping, gardening, and irrigation equipment
• Perform gardening, pruning, and soil preparations
• Apply fertilizers and pesticides
• Maintain records to ensure routine compliance
• Accurately interpret irrigation schematics and diagrams
• Diagnose problems and make necessary repairs
• Perform snow removal tasks including shoveling, sanding, and applying de-icer as required.
City of Charlottesville – Smithfield
2012 – 2015
• Planted, cultivated, watered and mulched flowers, plants, and trees, and performed pruning activities
• Provided routine landscaping maintenance tasks
• Operated trucks, tractors, loaders and other equipment to perform horticultural tasks
• Raked and swept leaves
• Collected and disposed of litter and debris
• Made repairs to irrigation systems and report safety hazards
• Maintained and cared for greenhouses
Certified Pesticide Applicator in Category 3A
Smithfield High School, Smithfield, RI – 2004
Current Driver’s License
“I understand the physical commitment required for gardening, able to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions.”