You can apply for a photographer position even if have no experience in hand – provided that your resume is properly written.
In your resume for this position, ensure that you highlight your training and skills. Specifically mention that you are the right person to hire as a photographer because you have the right training and background for it.
A photographer’s resume must highlight the candidate’s knowledge of performing both stills and sequences.
Since you cannot bank on experience at this point, highlight the coursework that you have done while training.
Moreover, it is imperative to make your resume a friendly read, by choosing the right format.
The following format should help you:
Entry Level Photographer Resume With No Experience
429 Town Alley Road, Edison, NJ40215
Recent photography graduate, boasting a creative background. Results-oriented individual, with excellent skills in capturing memories and creating exceptional experienced for clients. Proven ability to creating content with an exceptional range of creative, technical, and documentary imagery. Able to execute standard photography operation procedures such as image editing techniques, tools, and processes.
Associate of Science in Photographic Technology.
Edison Creative College, Edison, NJ – 2019
• Lights Management • Art of Photography
• Photography History • Visual Arts
• Editing and Post-production • Cinematography
• Landscape Photography • Photojournalism
• Chosen as the only student from a batch of 50 to represent the college at a WWF Photography Convention
• Stayed on top of the academic list for 2 years, owing to exceptional academic excellence
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Equipment Setup • Editing
• Location Setup • Retouching
• Image Processing • Post-production
• Database • Aerial Photography
• Event Coverage
Wheeler Home Concepts, Edison, NJ | 12/2019 – 2/2020
• Assisted in setting up photography equipment such as cameras, and stands
• Supported location selection processes
• Set up and coordinate prop setting efforts
• Communicated style and pose information to live subjects
• Took professional photographs within studios and in outdoor locations
• Assisted with post-production work such as editing and retouching pictures
• Recommended creative ideas to lead photographers and clients
• Carried out preparation for shoots by securing premises and resources
• Ensured that cameras and lenses were properly set up and taken down safely
• Compiled albums and framed photographs as per instructions
• Adobe Photoshop • Capture One
• Skylum Luminar • Gimp
• MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Internet and Email
• Volunteered services to teach photography to children at Edison Orphanage
• Spearheaded a team of volunteers to assist specially-abled children at a local facility