As nursing is a vast profession that employs lots of people, therefore the job market is very aggressive.
You need to carefully arrange your cover letter by researching the employer, describing how you will add to the organization and distinguish yourself by highlighting your relevant qualifications, strengths, and accomplishments.
RN Cover Letter Format
Start your letter with a short, yet energetic introduction to make yourself prominent from other applicants.
Second and third paragraphs comprise the main body of your letter.
Emphasize on your background, relevant experiences, and nursing skills. Also, relate your qualifications with the job description and give a list of your accomplishments.
Restate your enthusiasm for the RN position with a specific employer. Ask for an interview and give your contact details. Also, tell the employer how you will follow-up on your application.
The following cover letter samples will help you build a great cover letter for registered nurse resume.
Registered Nurse Cover Letter Sample 1
Alina K. Berry – RN
May 27, 2019
Ms. Catherine Joseph
Canyon Transitional Rehabilitation Center
24 New Wales Street
Albuquerque, NM 85777
Re: Registered Nurse (Position ID # 65877)
Dear Ms. Joseph:
I am eager to join Canyon Transitional Rehabilitation Center (CTRC) as a Registered Nurse because I realize that your commitment to maintaining excellent patient care standards creates a challenging yet rewarding work environment. Working as a Registered Nurse for CTRC, I anticipate leveraging my expertise in the nursing profession to deliver quality patient care.
Through professional experiences and academic coursework, I have developed attributes highly relevant to the Registered Nurse position at CTRC:
• Demonstrated ability to monitor and provide total patient and resident care within an assigned nursing unit.
• Track record of implementing the individualized interdisciplinary plan of care according to biophysical, psycho-social, and age-specific requirements.
• Competent at monitoring resident outcomes and reporting abnormal findings.
• Able to administer specified medications in keeping with established standards and policies.
• Documented success in maintaining a patient’s status compliant with the unit’s specific procedure.
• Proven record of creating a safe environment for patients and families.
I would like to meet you in order to discuss my nursing talents in detail. I will call you in a few days to follow up and see if it is suitable to arrange an interview. In the meantime, I can be reached at (000) 854-9687.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.
Alina K. Berry – RN
Registered Nurse Cover Letter Sample 2
540 Kevin Ave, Boston, MA 54322
May 27, 2019
Mr. Timothy Johnson
98 Lilly Ave
Boston, MA 54332
Dear Mr. Johnson:
My broad background in nursing profession – from direct patient care to physician assistance – coupled with my ability to execute treatment plans effectively, are the assets I would bring to a Registered Nurse position at Northwest Hospital.
4+ years of diverse experience as a Registered Nurse in various departments at The Capital Hospital has rendered me a highly expert in delivering nursing services, especially in ER, surgery, and ICU departments. I am confident that my services will prove to be highly valuable and will enhance patient satisfaction level. My following qualifications seem to be most relevant to your needs:
• Competent at assisting physician and surgeon.
• Well-versed in administering IV and oral medications as per chart.
• Exceptional talent for record keeping, vitals checking and making discharge slips.
• Extensive knowledge of medical terminology.
• Full command over various medical software.
Although the enclosed resume is comprehensive, it does not adequately demonstrate the dedication and value I deliver to patients. For that reason, I would welcome an opportunity to see you in person to discuss your needs and my abilities further. Please feel free to call me at (003) 875-7454 if you have any queries.
Thank you for your consideration of me as a candidate for the Registered Nurse position at Northwest Hospital. I look forward to hearing more about the position and my talents.