A resume for the school receptionist position is a logically-structured document that contains information about your qualifications and experiences in reverse chronological order.
It needs to be a short yet comprehensive document which includes the detail of a candidate’s relevant traits.
It is a fact that recruiters spend a few seconds to look through a resume. Therefore, the need to impress them at the very beginning is the prime concern in this scenario.
The following resume along with this cover letter for the school receptionist will guide you on how to build a perfect job application set.
Best Sample Resume for School Receptionist Position
32 Augusta Drive, Benton, AR 42252
Self-motivated and dependable School Receptionist with 3+ years’ progressive experience working as a receptionist in educational settings. Highly skilled in greeting visitors and guiding them appropriately. Competent at handling multi-line telephone exchanges, processing incoming mail, and answering queries from parents and visitors. Recognized for maintaining the confidentiality of official documents.
- Computer: MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Typing Speed: 60WPM
- Bilingual: English/Spanish
- Introduced and designed a new set of forms and memos making the front-desk procedure smooth and friendly.
- Played a pivotal role in devising instructional material for new teachers.
The Learning Alliance – Benton, AR
2012 – Present
- Greet visitors as they enter the school office
- Answer and direct phones in a professional manner
- Process incoming mail
- Create, develop and maintain files
- Order and maintain supplies
- Supervise student workers
- Create the plan for tracking lesson plans
- Maintain staff development information and catalogs
- Perform administrative duties as and when assigned
Front Desk Receptionist
FROSCH – Houston, TX
2009 – 2012
- Greeted and assisted clients in a courteous and professional manner
- Answered and routed incoming telephone calls
- Prepared outgoing mail
- Sorted and distributed incoming mail
- Scheduled conferences rooms
- Maintained office inventory
- Performed general clerical duties such as filing, photocopying, typing, and maintaining the database
- Updated contact list and addresses
A.S. Degree in Sociology
City University, Benton, AR | 2008