How do you write a medical front office receptionist resume that will be accepted by the hiring manager?
Unfortunately, there are no shortcuts to writing resumes that truly rock.
You have to depend on your instincts (and research) about what a hiring manager would like to see and what the company is looking for.
For your ease, you can use the following resume sample to write your own.
7850 Hopeful Road ● Florence, KY 49700 ● (000) 412-7584 ● chbrown @ email . com
MEDICAL OFFICE RECEPTIONIST
Performance Summary: Versatile and reliable medical front office receptionist with 12-plus-year track record of scheduling appointments, filing and retrieving patient records, maintaining medical office inventory and liaising with insurance companies. Known for communicating effectively with patients and staff members. Highly accommodating and exceptionally adept at making patients comfortable. Able to ensure that all records and information is kept safe and confidential.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
|Patient Registration||First Contact Services||Insurance Liaison|
|Scheduling and Follow-up||Copay Calculations||PABX Operations|
|Statistics Reporting||Inventory Management||Billing and Coding|
|Patient Flow Management||Record-keeping||Mail Handling/Distribution|
Medical Front Office Receptionist
Next Care Urgent Care Hospital, Florence, KY | 6/2014 – Present
• Streamline the medical supplies and equipment inventory process by introducing an advanced inventory systems
• Reduce cost of medical supplies and equipment by 20% through researching and bringing on board a less expensive supplier
• Greet patients as they arrive at the facility and provide them with required information
• Schedule appointments in person and over the telephone and perform appropriate follow up services
• Ascertain that patients and families are made aware of the facility’s services and procedures by educating them according to policy
• Assist patients in registering with the facility by helping fill out registration forms
Medical Front Office Receptionist
City Healthcare, Florence, KY | 8/2005 – 6/2014
• Implemented a novel patient scheduling system which provided periodic automatic reminders to patients
• Wrote a booklet on the facility’s services and procedures as part of the patient education program
• Obtained and processed patient information such as medical histories and insurance details
• Calculated co-pays for services rendered and processed all cash transactions
• Contacted insurance companies to verify patient coverage information and followed-up on claims
• Assisted billing department by providing them with information to help them perform billing and coding duties
Front Office Intern
All’s Well, Florence, KY | 2/2004 – 8/2005
• Welcomed patients and families and inquired into their purpose of visit
• Assisted patients in understanding various medical procedures and how to handle in -home care
• Provided assistance in filling out first information forms and ensured that all forms were properly processed and filed
• Contacted insurance agencies to obtain approvals for procedures and provided feedback to the office
• Performed patient follow up duties by contacting patients to remind them of their appointments
Specialized Training in Medical Front Desk Handling – 2003
Community College, Florence, KY
High School Diploma – 2002
Florence High School, Florence, KY