An apartment leasing agent helps people interested in renting apartments in finding suitable living spaces in their desired localities.
This professional usually works for building owners who want to rent out their apartments and is responsible for soliciting prospective tenants and negotiating a lease contract with both parties.
An Apartment Leasing Agent Resume is a candidate’s personal marketing tool and its purpose is to promote the unique combination of the job seeker’s experiences, skills, and education.
Similar to all marketing tools, a resume must be designed to appeal to the target audiences, which in this case are the prospective employers.
Each job opportunity and employer is unique, so in an active job search, one must compose several versions of their resume, each tailored specifically for the job.
An excellent resume can open doors to unlimited opportunities if used smartly. Since resumes are scanned for a very brief time, it is imperative for their content to be appealing and attention-grabbing.
Modern resumes are generally topped with a powerful profile summary that promotes the candidate as a viable one by highlighting the most selling features of his or her profile.
Here is a sample apartment leasing agent resume for your guidance.
Sample Resume for Apartment Leasing Agent Position
Naples, FL 65441
jason . fielder @ email . com
APARTMENT LEASING / REAL ESTATE
Accomplished apartment leasing agent with 7+ years of hands-on experience in identifying and soliciting parties interested in renting properties and processing mutually agreed-on lease contracts. A determined and personable individual with proven salesmanship skills; fully knowledgeable of tenant/landlord legal rights and fair housing laws
– Application Processing – Property Advertisement
– Resident Complain Processing
– Party Liaison – Contract Development
– Apartment Marketing – Occupancy Rate Monitoring
– Client Retention – Tax-Related Paperwork
– Fee Collection – Apartment Touring
– Query Response
Apartment Leasing Agent
Progress Residential, Naples, FL
Aug 2017 – Present
• Maintain updated knowledgebase regarding available apartments, their dimensions, and prices
• Generate, develop, and follow up contact leads
• Maintain prospects’ records by using online proprietary tools effectively
• Formulate and implement a maintenance priority list based on client sensitivity and demands
• Collect application fees and keep track of all transactions processed
• Coordinate move-ins and move-outs and maintain clearance inventory updated
• Enhanced the apartment occupancy rate from 80% to 95% through active marketing.
• Recruited 23 new residents during 2 months of initial hiring through optimized online marketing.
• Developed a website for marketing purposes and uploaded testimonials of satisfied residents that led to a 40% increase in overall clientele.
AEON, Naples, FL
May 2010 – Jul 2017
• Showed apartments to prospective clients and answered their queries regarding pricing
• Prepared leasing agreements and got the same signed by both parties
• Verified and processed rental applications timely
• Maintained all resident files in an organized manner
• Tended to and processed resident complaints and ensured they were resolved satisfactorily
• Initiated in-house marketing and incentives to retain existing tenants
Associate’s Degree in Arts
Community Collge, Naples, FL
• Computer: MS Office Applications, Real Estate Applications
• Trilingual: English, Spanish, and Portuguese
Apartment Leasing Agent Job Description for Resume
- Ensure the occupancy of maximum units through active marketing and demonstration of excellent salesman skills.
- Run background checks on potential tenants before hiring
- Make lease contracts and get due signage done by both parties.
- Collect the application fee and process the applications for hiring tenants promptly.
- Maintain a complete record of all tenant data and details.
- Record contact details of prospective tenants and provide them with information regarding the apartment.
- Conduct guided tours of apartments with potential families/ individuals willing to rent the place.
- Attend occupants’ complaints related to building maintenance and ensure these are addressed timely and appropriately.
- Device various online marketing strategies and help in implementing the same.
- Initiate and implement ingenious incentives for enhancing resident retention and contract renewal.
- Draft lease contracts and make sure both parties understand the clauses before signage.
- Update unit availability reports, process rental applications, obtain credit card checks, and verify rental history.
- Conduct daily inspections of the apartment and keep a record of the same.
- Complete all lease-related paperwork promptly.
- Distribute community and company-issued notices.
- Proactively follow up contacts for deal closing.
- Collect rental deposits and carry out transactions for money transfer to the renting party.
- Design client retention programs in collaboration with the community director.
- Actively pursue contract renewal and adapt lease terms flexibly to suit the tenant’s paying pattern.
- Devise attractive lease packages with a minimum down payment to cater to the convenience of prospects falling in different pay brackets.
- Maintain updated knowledge of available units, building specifications, and rent rates and answer prospect queries in light of the same.
- Promote the apartment using various online marketing tools.
- Obtain prospect lists by leveraging various online proprietary tools
- Complete and maintain a fully updated resident record book.
- Report any major or minor incidents and update tenant records accordingly.
- Oversee office organization, conduct billing administration, and manage apartment marketing activities.
- Keep track of current rental rates in different parts of the city and guide the prospect and company regarding the same.
- Implement fair housing laws and make sure the lease contract protects the rights of both, the tenant and the landlord.