A porter works at hotels, hospitals, restaurants, kitchens and private households.
They are responsible for cleaning, removing the trash, and maintaining assigned areas as directed by the supervisor.
A porter resume is your first point of contact with your prospective employer.
There are a number of sections in a porter resume, such as the objective, qualifications, experience, education, skills alike.
The skills section of porter resume states your specific abilities and training or outline personality traits that would be useful for your prospective employer.
This section can also be called a Summary of Qualifications, Profile, Strengths, or Capabilities.
The following are some sample skills statements for a porter resume.
You may use 5 of these bullets in your resume.
Sample Skills / Qualifications for Porter Resume
• Highly skilled in maintaining overall cleanliness of the assigned area.
• Well-versed in cleaning windows, glass frames, and mirrors using soapy water, chemicals, cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
• Hands-on experience in cleaning and polishing furniture and fixtures.
• Able to give accurate and detailed information to guests, co-workers, and supervisors.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with peers and residents.
• Able to lift heavy weights.
• Known for working efficiently without supervision.
• Superior customer service skills.
• Own reliable transportation with current driver’s license.
• Enthusiastic and careful.
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
• Proven ability to work overtime and weekends.
Porter Job Requirements
- Current driver’s license
- Clean Driver’s Abstract
- High School Diploma or GED
- Good verbal and written communication
- CPR / First Aid Certification will be a plus
- Knowledge of AV and computer equipment
- Good organizational skills
- Task Prioritization
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Good sense of balance
- Work coordination
- Working in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- A friendly personality
- Confident and caring when dealing with guests and staff
- Health and Safety knowledge