How to Make a Great Resume for Painter Job?
- Read the employer’s needs and write your resume accordingly.
- Start with a compelling summary or objective statement.
- Show them that you can contribute productively by emphasizing your achievements.
- Only write the most relevant details of your profile.
The following are 2 resume samples to help you uniquely build or update your resume for the painter position.
Sample Resume for Painter With Experience
439 Bay Ave, Westbury, NY 76003
❖❖ PAINTER ❖❖
Committed to attaining excellence in the painting arena.
Industrious and methodical professional with 7+ years’ hands-on experience as a painter and decorator. Expert in preparing, painting, polishing, coating, and finishing. Proven ability to mix, match, and blend different kinds of paints. A team player who is eager to work with people from different backgrounds. Able to follow instructions timely and precisely.
• Introduced motorized roller-type applicators at the firm, therefore enhancing the quality by 50%.
• Painted ten rooms independently in 3 days owing to dedication.
• Successfully trained twenty apprentices in the art of painting.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|• Epoxy preparations|
• Wood polishing
• Joint filling
• Compound handling
• Glazing and ceiling coats
• Wood and brick coating
|• Viaduct painting|
• Vinyl paint
• Crack filling
• Paint removal
• Base coating
• Latex and oil paint
Weatherford, Westbury, NY | 2010 – Present
• Apply primer, paint, varnish, and enamels
• Paint various surfaces to be painted following detailed orders
• Erect scaffolding and ladders to facilitate painting
• Move furniture and other obstacles from rooms
• Select and buy the best-suited painting materials and type
• Issue timely work activity reports
Naval Facilities, Westbury, NY | 2008 – 2010
• Cleaned and prepared surfaces to ensure a smooth painting
• Assisted the painter in producing cost estimates
• Studying work details
• Spread drop cloths to protect surrounding areas
• Cleaned brushes, applicators as well as other equipment
• Carefully loaded and unloaded the work vehicle with painting materials
COMMUNITY SCHOOL, Westbury, NY – 2008
• Read, write and understand written instructions
• Calculating painting estimates
• OSHA work safety guidelines
• Possess safety gear and applicator kit for work
Entry Level Painter Resume With No Experience
583 Example Street, San Jose, CA 53369
Results-driven and resourceful Painter, seeking a challenging position at Archstone. Bringing exceptional painting skills to produce excellent results.
• Preparing surfaces
• Scraping, wire brushing, and sanding to get a smooth finish
• Choosing and mixing paints to create the desired color
• Calculating the area to be painted as well as the quantity of paint required
• Maintaining inventory associated with paint jobs
• Proficient in adhering to safety precautions
XYZ Company, San Jose, CA
March 2020 – Present
• Cover floors and furnishings in order to keep surfaces clean
• Fill holes and cracks using caulk, putty, and plaster of Paris
• Apply paint and finishes using hand brushes, rollers, and sprayers
• Purchase paints and other supplies
• Develop painting schedules
• Put up scaffolding and set up ladders
• Manage the paint and tools inventory
• Perform preventive maintenance and equipment repair as well
High School Diploma
CITY SCHOOL, San Jose, CA
• Communication and Customer Service
• Following schedules
• Meeting deadlines
• Working independently as well as collaboratively
• Good physical health