Are you a painter who is currently seeking a highly-paid job? Have you built or update your painter resume and cover letter that will help you get your dream job?
If yes, then see the following guidelines.
Painter Resume Tips
✓ Firstly, read the employer’s needs and write your resume accordingly.
✓ Secondly, show them that you can contribute productively by emphasizing your achievements.
✓ Thirdly, only write the most relevant features of your profile.
✓ Fourthly, include a compelling summary statement.
The following resume samples will help you uniquely build or update your resume for painter position.
Painter Resume Sample 1 (Experienced)
439 Bay Ave ● Westbury, NY 76003 ● (008) 222-6666 ● [Email]
❖❖ PAINTER ❖❖
Committed to attaining excellence in the painting arena.
Industrious and methodical professional with 7+ years’ hands-on experience as a painter and decorator. Expert in preparing, painting, polishing, coating, and finishing. Proven ability to mix, match, and blend different kinds of paints. A team player who is eager to work with people of different backgrounds. Able to follow instructions timely and precisely.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|• Epoxy preparations||• Viaduct painting||• Glazing and ceiling coats|
|• Wood polishing||• Vinyl paint||• Wood and brick coating|
|• Joint filling||• Crack filling||• Base coating|
|• Compound handling||• Paint removal||• Latex and oil paint|
• Introduced motorized roller type applicators at the firm, therefore enhancing the quality by 50%.
• Painted ten rooms independently in 3 days owing to dedication.
• Successfully trained twenty apprentices in the art of painting.
Weatherford, Westbury, NY | 2010 – Present
• Apply primer, paint, stain varnish and enamels
• Paint various surfaces to be painted following detailed orders
• Erect scaffolding and ladders in order to facilitate painting
• Move furniture and other obstacles from rooms
• Select and buy the best-suited painting materials and type
• Issue timely work activity reports
Naval Facilities, Westbury, NY | 2008 – 2010
• Cleaned and prepared surfaces in order to ensure a smooth painting
• Assisted the painter in producing cost estimates
• Studying work details
• Spread drop clothes in order to protect surrounding areas
• Cleaned brushes, applicators as well as other equipment
• Carefully loaded and unloaded the work vehicle with painting materials
COMMUNITY SCHOOL, Westbury, NY – 2008
• Read, write and understand written instructions
• Calculating painting estimates
• OSHA work safety guidelines
• Possess safety gear and applicator kit for work
Painter Resume Sample 2 (Entry Level)
583 Example Street, San Jose, CA 53369
Results-driven and resourceful Painter, seeking a challenging position at Archstone. Bringing exceptional painting skills in order to produce excellent results.
• Preparing surfaces
• Scraping, wire brushing, and sanding in order to get a smooth finish
• Choosing and mixing paints in order to create the desired color
• Calculating the area to be painted as well as the quantity of paint required
• Maintaining inventory associated with paint jobs
• Proficient in adhering to safety precautions
XYZ Company, San Jose, CA March 2018 – Present
• Cover floors and furnishings in order to keep surfaces clean
• Fill holes and cracks using caulk, putty, and plaster of Paris
• Apply paint and finishes by means of hand brushes, rollers, and sprayers
• Purchase paints and other supplies
• Develop painting schedules
• Put up scaffolding and set up ladders
• Manage the paint and tools inventory
• Perform preventive maintenance and equipment repair as well
• Introduces a paint free of SLS, hence reducing the effects of harmful fumes
• Achieved the “Best Painter of the Month Award” owing to exceptional performance
High School Diploma
CITY SCHOOL, San Jose, CA – 2008
• Communication and Customer Service
• Following schedules
• Meeting deadlines
• Working independently as well as collaboratively
• Good physical health
See also: Painter Jobs
Last updated on