A painter resume is a 1-page job application document that contains information about the job seeker’s career background and skills. In the majority of cases, it is written to help a candidate land a new job.
A typical resume consists of a professional summary, skills, work experience, and education sections.
How to Make a Great Resume for Painter Job?
- Read the painter job description provided by the employer and write your resume accordingly.
- Start with a compelling summary or objective statement.
- Show them that you can contribute productively by emphasizing your achievements.
- Only write the most relevant details of your profile.
The following are 2 resume samples to help you uniquely build or update your resume for the painter position.
Painter Resume Sample With Experience
439 Bay Ave, Westbury, NY 76003
❖❖ PAINTER ❖❖
Committed to attaining excellence in the painting arena.
Industrious and hardworking painter with 7+ years of hands-on experience in preparing, painting, polishing, coating, and finishing. Proven ability to mix, match, and blend different kinds of paints. A team player who is eager to work within a team-oriented environment. Able to follow instructions in a timely and precise manner.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Viaduct painting | Vinyl paint
Crack filling | Paint removal
Base coating | Latex and oil paint
Epoxy preparations | Wood polishing
Joint filling | Compound handling
Glazing and ceiling coats | Wood and brick coating
Weatherford, Westbury, NY
Dec 2016 – Present
- Apply primer, paint, varnish, and enamels
- Paint various surfaces to be painted following detailed orders
- Erect scaffolding and ladders to facilitate painting
- Move furniture and other obstacles from rooms
- Select and buy the best-suited painting materials and type
- Issue timely work activity reports
- Introduced motorized roller-type applicators at the firm, therefore enhancing the quality by 50%.
- Painted ten rooms independently in 3 days owing to dedication.
- Successfully trained twenty apprentices in the art of painting.
Naval Facilities, Westbury, NY
May 2012 – Dec 2016
- Cleaned and prepared surfaces to ensure a smooth painting
- Assisted the painter in producing cost estimates
- Studying work details
- Spread drop cloths to protect surrounding areas
- Cleaned brushes, applicators as well as other equipment
- Carefully loaded and unloaded the work vehicle with painting materials
COMMUNITY SCHOOL, Westbury, NY
- Read, write and understand written instructions
- Calculating painting estimates
- OSHA work safety guidelines
- Possess safety gear and applicator kit for work
Entry Level Painter Resume With No Experience
583 Example Street
San Jose, CA 53369
Results-driven and resourceful Painter, seeking a challenging position at Archstone. Bringing exceptional painting skills to produce excellent results.
- Preparing surfaces
- Scraping, wire brushing, and sanding to get a smooth finish
- Choosing and mixing paints to create the desired color
- Calculating the area to be painted as well as the quantity of paint required
- Maintaining inventory associated with paint jobs
- Proficient in adhering to safety precautions
XYZ Company, San Jose, CA
Jun 2022 – Present
- Cover floors and furnishings in order to keep surfaces clean
- Fill holes and cracks using caulk, putty, and plaster of Paris
- Apply paint and finishes using hand brushes, rollers, and sprayers
- Purchase paints and other supplies
- Develop painting schedules
- Put up scaffolding and set up ladders
- Manage the paint and tools inventory
- Perform preventive maintenance and equipment repair as well
High School Diploma
ABC School, San Jose, CA
- Communication and Customer Service
- Following schedules
- Meeting deadlines
- Working independently as well as collaboratively
- Good physical health