The most important thing that needs to be demonstrated in each and every painter resume is “can-do attitude”. You should find out the employer’s needs and communicate that you can contribute effectively. This can be done by showcasing the most relevant features of your profile on the top. A compelling summary statement followed by an expertise section usually does the trick.
The following resume samples will help you build or update your resume for painter position.
439 Bay Ave ● Westbury, NY 76003 ● (008) 222-6666 ● ronald @ email . com
❖❖ PAINTER ❖❖
Committed to attain excellence in painting arena.
Performance Profile: Industrious and methodical professional with 7+ years’ hands-on experience as a painter and decorator. Expert in preparing, painting, polishing, coating and finishing materials made of concrete, wood, brick, and steel. Proven ability to mix, match, and blend different kinds of paints. A team-player who is eager to work with people of different backgrounds. Able to follow instructions timely and precisely.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|• Epoxy preparations||• Viaduct painting||• Glazing and ceiling coats|
|• Wood polishing||• Vinyl paint||• Wood and brick coating|
|• Joint filling||• Crack filling||• Base coating|
|• Compound handling||• Paint removal||• Latex and oil paint|
• Introduced motorized roller type applicators for the first time at the firm, enhancing quality of the finished look 50%.
• Prepared 10 rooms independently in 3 days.
• Successfully trained two apprentices in the art of painting.
Painter | Weatherford, Westbury, NY | 8/2010 – Present
• Apply primer, paint, stain varnish and enamels to various surfaces to be painted as per detailed orders
• Erect scaffolding and ladders to facilitate painting when needed
• Move furniture and other obstacles from rooms to be painted
• Select and procure the best suited painting materials and type
• Issue timely work activity reports
Painter Apprentice | Naval Facilities, Westbury, NY | 5/2008 – 4/2010
• Cleaned and prepared surfaces to be painted to ensure smooth strokes
• Assisted the painter in producing cost estimates after studying work details
• Spread drop clothes for protection of surrounding area
• Cleaned brushes, applicators and other equipment daily at day end
• Loaded and unloaded work vehicle with painting material carefully
G.E.D | COMMUNITY SCHOOL, Westbury, NY – 2008
• Demonstrated ability to read, write and understand written instructions
• Adept at calculating painting estimates
• Substantial knowledge of OSHA work safety guidelines
• Possess own safety gear and applicator kit for work
583 Example Street ● San Jose, CA 53369 ● Contact # ● Email Address
OBJECTIVE: Results-driven and agile individual seeking a challenging position as a Painter with Archstone utilizing exceptional painting skills to bring the excellent results.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Over 2 years’ experience as a painter
• Highly skilled in preparing surfaces by scraping, wire brushing, or sanding to a smooth finish
• Profound ability to choose and mix paints and stains to reach desired color and appearance
• Able to calculate the area to be painted and the quantity of paint required
• Demonstrated ability to make out different paints in accordance to value for money and quality
• Adept at maintaining inventory associated with paint jobs
• Proficient in adhering to safety precautions associated with using paints and thinners and physical locations
March 2014 – Present
Painter | XYZ Company, San Jose, CA
• Cover floors and furnishings with drop-cloths and tarps to keep surfaces clean
• Fill holes and cracks in the ceilings and walls with caulk, putty, plaster of paris, and other compounds
• Apply paint and finishes by means of hand brushes, rollers and sprayers
• Organize and execute all activities included in purchasing paints and other supplies and equipment
• Develop painting schedules
• Put up scaffolding and set up ladders
• Handle paint job related inventory
• Handle preventive maintenance and repairing of equipment
• Formulated a paint concoction free of SLSs (approved by XYZ Authorities) in order to reduce the effects of harmful fumes
• Achieved the Best Painter of the Month Award – Dec 2011
High School Diploma, CITY SCHOOL, San Jose, CA – 2008
• Communication and Customer Service
• Able to follow schedules and meet deadlines
• Capable of working independently
• Good physical health
Last updated on