Painter Job Descriprion
Painters apply paint, wallpaper, and additional finishes to inside and outside surfaces of buildings and other areas.
They use pre-coating agents, filling and leveling materials, and mix and match colors and textures.
Additionally, they read blueprints, drawings, technical specifications, and material data sheets in the successful completion of assigned painting tasks.
Painters must be able to follow compound specifications for mixing paints and painting techniques, handle massive material movement, and maintain a correct record and general recordkeeping.
Painter Duties and Responsibilities for Resume
• Apply paint, vinyl, and wallpaper, including special papers and fabrics to walls, furniture, and structures.
• Examine and maintain painted exterior and interior painted surfaces, trimming, and fixtures.
• Prepare surfaces and apply paints, stains, shading stains, and clear finishes.
• Remove previous paint through sandblasting, scraping, sanding, hydro-blasting and steam-cleaning.
• Inspect and refurbish wall surfaces using the appropriate materials.
• Determine, cut, and apply wallpaper or fabric to walls.
• Read blueprints and drawings of the premise for the execution of the painting job.
• Order paint supplies and materials.
• Apply wood finishing by preparing the surface.
• Cover interior walls and ceilings with wallpaper or fabrics.
• Operate and maintain powerful low-volume spray machines.
• Submit finished work orders to the supervisor.
• Assist semi-skilled or unskilled workers.
• Operate and maintain various power and manual tools.
• Maintain logs of volatile organic compounds and spray volume.
• Follow established protection procedures.
• Clean up the job site after work and return equipment and tools.
• Maintain a clean work environment.
• Create friendly relationships with clients and coworkers.
Where Do Painters Work?
Painters are employed by private companies, hotels, resorts, painting contractors, and building maintenance contractors, or they might be self-employed.