When writing a resume for an industrial painter position, it is very important to keep it short and to the point.
How much information should be placed into a resume depends on what it is that you want to say.
Read the job advertisement and customize your resume as per the needs of the employer.
Here is a resume sample that you can use to write your own:
Industrial Painter Resume Example
499 Chain Street
Irvington, NJ 64021
johndil @email .com
9+ years of extensive experience in applying paint, varnishing, and coatings on a variety of materials, with deep insight into working in a construction setting. Exceptional insight into handling large-scale work, with a special focus on finishing projects in accordance with quality standards. Work efficiently in a team environment without direct supervision.
• Cleaning surfaces by using masking, grit blasts, and chemical rinses
• Preparing paints by using measuring equipment such as viscosity cups, thickness gauges, and gloss gauges
• Applying paint coats by using a variety of techniques and tools such as sprays, airbrushes, stencils, and rollers
• Maintaining tools and equipment to ensure their life and availability for future jobs
Communications and Power Inc., Irvington, NJ
2014 – Present
• Prepare surfaces that need to be painted by removing debris and dirt from them.
• Assess surfaces to determine what type of paints and finishes they require.
• Operate paint mixing and thickening equipment to come up with the right color and quantity of paint.
• Apply paint coats to surfaces such as switchgear, switchboards and control panels, and other surfaces.
• Apply primers and sealers to prepare new surfaces and cover non-paintable ones with drop cloths and masking tapes to protect them during paint jobs.
• Introduced an advanced paint mixing machine which reduced paint mixing and thickening time by 75%.
• Implemented bake finishing procedure, increased end-quality of the initial paint job.
• Saved costs by $8500 per year by performing preventative maintenance on painting equipment and tools.
• Trained 15 apprentices in handling paint jobs in an industrial setting, to complete their induction session.
ADS Co, Irvington, NJ
2009 – 2014
• Washed and treated surfaces using oil and turpentine.
• Ensured that any rough spots were properly sanded.
• Filled cracks, holes, and joints with caulk and putty by using caulking guns and putty knives.
• Polished final coats according to specified standards.
• Applied bake finishes on enameled surfaces by using baking ovens.
Bassler Energy Services, Irvington, NJ
2007 – 2009
• Prepared surfaces for painting jobs by ensuring that they were cleaned of dirt and debris.
• Picked up paint tubes from storage areas and ensured that they conformed to work orders.
• Placed paints and thickening and thinning agents in color mixing and developing machines and ensured that the proper thickness and color were achieved.
• Assisted painters by providing them with tools such as sandblasters and spray guns.
High School Diploma
Irvington High School, Irvington, NJ | 2005
– Paint Preparation
– Thickness Gauging
– Work Area Preparation
– Surface Finishing
– Coat Application
– Surface Treatment
– Bake Finishing
– Sand Blasting