A great picker packer resume is the most important part of your job application documents. It is an excellent opportunity to stand out from the people applying for the same job.
A picker packer resume or CV is a reflection of your professional accomplishments, skills, and experiences. Typically, resumes for picker packer positions provide employers with information on what you have done in the past and what you are capable of doing in the future.
How to Write a Great Resume for Picker Packer Position?
- Divide your resume into different sections.
- Start your picker packer resume with an objective or summary statement
- Use concise and clear language using short bullet points.
- Include picker packer job description, qualifications, and picker packer skills to give the recruiter a clear picture of your fitness for the position.
- If you are changing your career path, then emphasize your transferable skills from your prior experiences, as well as your passion and desire to learn.
The following 3 samples will give you a quick start to build your resume for the picker packer job.
Picker Packer Resume Sample 1
10+ Years Experience
440 Polk Street, Troy, NY 65211
Dexterous and Customer service-oriented
- A multi-talented individual with 11+ years’ track record of success working in diverse warehouse environments.
- Well-versed with material and stock management techniques.
- Highly experienced in handling inventory control procedures and associated picking and packing activities.
- Solid knowledge of supply chain management and exceptional numeric skills.
- Designed and implemented a system that double-checked label information through a scanner and beeps inconsistencies.
- Introduced an online inventory system, thereby reducing item retrieval time by 50%.
- Reduced the order reporting time by 50%, by creating predefined order forms.
- Increased operational efficiency by 70%, by suggesting that more than one order picker works on one project.
PICKING & PACKAGING EXPERIENCE
INNOTRAC – Troy, NY
Jun 2013 – Present
- Obtain and understand work orders for shipping and receiving goods
- Receive, move and store incoming items according to the company’s protocols
- Check received products to ensure quantitative accuracy by comparing with delivery orders
- Ensure that all received goods are efficiently and safely transported to the storage areas
- Refer to work order to determine orders to be picked
- Pick out orders from shelves in storage areas
- Compare label information on them with work orders
YTU Co – Troy, NY
May 2010 – Jun 2013
- Performed picking and packing tasks and ensured that selected items were safe
- Reported any damaged products to the supervisor on an immediate basis
- Operated forklifts to move heavy objects to packaging areas
- Ensured that fragile products were packaged in proper casings
- Labeled boxes according to the information provided on work orders
- Transported packaged products to the delivery pallet
- Assisted in loading and stacking boxes on in delivery vehicles
Adecco – Troy, NY
Jan 2009 – May 2010
- Picked orders according to work orders provided and ensured that they were adequately stacked on forklifts
- Checked information on picked orders to make sure that correct items were being selected
- Assisted in labeling and packing items
- Helped in unloading trucks and storing received items in storage areas
- Provided support for loading picked and packaged items onto delivery trucks
Trinity High School, Troy, NY – 2008
Current Forklift Certification
Resume for Picker Packer Position (Sample 2)
2-9 Years Experience
22 Example Street, North Little Rock, AR 98555
PICKER / PACKER
A trustworthy and motivated individual with 6+ years’ successful experience in picking and packing activities. Fork Lift Certification. Proficient in physically picking and packing merchandise to fill service orders, inspecting parts, and folding, stacking, and neatly arranging products in a container. Adept at replenishing stock at workstations. Work efficiently with and without direct supervision.
- Highly skilled in maintaining work area in a clean and arranged condition
- Demonstrated ability to operate fork lifter and manual pallet jack
- Efficiently transfers finished products and boxes from shipping sorter
- Special talent for tracking accurate and detailed order number and location
Picker / Packer
Perfect 10 – North Little Rock, AR
Aug 2018 – Present
- Read customer, work, and shipping order to determine items to be shipped
- Operate forklift and manual pallet jack for moving and storing material
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, and bins in keeping with a predetermined sequence
- Fill work orders and requests for materials, tools, or other stock items
VGF TLC – North Little Rock, AR
May 2014 – Aug 2018
- Helped in loading and unloading of trucks
- Checked merchandise through work orders
- Documented information relating to the receipt, storage, and distribution of materials for processing
- Matched and reviewed purchase orders to packing lists to make sure all required items are included
High School Diploma
Community School, North Little Rock, AR
Fork Lift Certification
- Good communication skills
- Track record of working under pressure efficiently without supervision
- Bilingual – English and Spanish
- Demonstrated ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Lifting up to 40 lbs
Strong references available
Picker Packer Resume Sample 3
Less than 1 Year Experience
John P. Smith
Apt 11, Sun Avenue, Port Allen, LA
Detail-oriented Picker Packer, seeking a position with a renowned company, utilizing exceptional physical capabilities and great attention to detail.
• Two years of functional experience in picking, packing, and receiving
• Proven ability to operate an electric pallet jack
• Able to lift and up to 45 pounds independently
• Current Los Angles Forklift License
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Automated shipping and tracking programs such as FedEx and UPS Online.
• Demonstrated ability to punch data into databases such as SQC and E-trace
Community Coffee – Port Allen, LA
May 2017 – Present
• Help in loading and unloading of trucks
• Check and verify goods as per receiving documents
• Operate forklift and pallet jack
• Match and evaluate purchase orders to packing lists
• File information of receiving, storage, or distribution of materials for processing
• Read customer orders, work order, or delivery order to decide items to be moved, gathered, distributed, or shipped
• Pack, crate, and transport product and stuff to the distribution center, departments, and vendors
• Mark materials with classifying information using Barcode Reader.
• Help in cycle counts of physical record
• Maintain the order of stockroom and work area
Picker / Packer
Perfect 10 – North Little Rock, AR
Oct 2016 – May 2017
• Loaded and unloaded materials on/from containers, pallets, racks, and shelves manually
• Packed and palletized multiple lines
• Stacked and assembled complete product onto a requisite pallet using a suitable pallet pattern.
• Filled out and attached identifying marks and labels to materials
• Moved pallets from production area using forklift and pallet jack
• Operated electric pallet jack help in loading or unloading materials and products
• Ensured the cleanliness and safety of the work area in compliance with combined Standards of Food Safety
Graduate: Rock School, North Little Rock, AR
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES
• Excellent communication skills
• Profound ability to read and recognize manuals, procedures, diagrams, and blueprints
• Known for working individually as well as a part of a team
• Strong work ethics
While the information on a resume is vital, but, the applicants must not write all of their life history. Employers do not have time to go through lengthy and irrelevant resumes.
The shorter your resume is, the better will be your chances to win a picker packer interview.
On the other hand, do not leave out any critical information. That is to say, keep it short yet informative.