In the old days, people used to make resumes in a certain way. They would list their experience, and that was that. It was up to the hiring manager to decide really what the candidate could do, if he or she could manage a certain task, or if it would be a huge risk to hire the person.
Then as time went by, some people began to realize that just writing on your resume what you had done, full stop, was perhaps not enough. How was the prospective employer to understand that yes, you had done all this work, and you knew how to apply it in new situations? How were they know if you were well versed in it, and not just, well, embellishing your resume?
So in the old days, hiring of people was done mostly by personal contact, and if it wasn’t done this way, then hiring a person was a considerable gamble.
You see, if you don’t write anything on your resume except that you “did this” or you “did that”, it is impossible to give an all-around view what you can do. Modern resumes always have a list of accomplishments that the resume maker has achieved, to show the hiring manager that he or she knows what he or she is doing.
Another thing a list of accomplishments will tell the hiring manager is, as has already been written here, how you can apply your knowledge and experience to new situations. This is all important when applying for a new job, because the hiring manager doesn’t really care what you’ve done. He wants to know what you can do in the future.
Here’s a list of accomplishments for a picker packer:
Sample Accomplishments for Picker Packer Resume
• Invented a more relevant stacking system which resulted in reduced pilferage in the warehouse by 13%.
• Increased operational efficiency by 52% and reduced item retrieval time by 40%, through the implementation of an online inventory system.
• Trained several batches of new shipping employees and monitored their work. This resulted in a 21% improvement in company shipping.
• Reduced time spent in order reporting by 35%, through the making of order forms. These forms were later amended and used for other enterprises being handled by the same company.
• Introduced better packaging for all items being shipped to and from the warehouse, resulting in fewer breakages and other damage, by 17%.