Depending on the size of the organization, a press operator will be responsible for managing print jobs on a multitude of machines and their maintenance work. They monitor that the printing job is being done appropriately and also ensure that there is enough paper.
The job of a press operator may also include troubleshooting printing issues akin to paper jams and tears and may also be expected to check that all printed sheets conform to the job order.
The following is a sample resume that will assist you in applying for a job as a press operator.
Press Operator Resume Example
748 East Street, Park Hills, MO 55555
14+ years’ experience working as a Press Operator. Keen focus on setting up and monitoring all process related equipment and conforming to printing standards. Recent experience includes quality control functions including performing audits on machinery and making required adjustments. Particularly skilled in performing preventative maintenance, materials and supply management and making recommendations on the production process using well-honed printing knowledge and experience in printing and publishing matters.
• Achieved success in completing a printing job after a paper mishap in time for delivery to the customer
• Wrote the SOP for sanitizing and cleaning of all printing equipment for new hires and existing press personnel
Uwrite Printing Services, Park Hills, MO 2011-present
• Manage work duties related to operating presses and copiers in accordance with clients’ specification
• Ensure all print jobs are managed in a time efficient manner and demonstrate expected print quality
• Set up and monitor all phases of a print job
• Perform audits to ensure quality and quantity specifications
• Perform preventative and regular maintenance on equipment
• Manage shift changeovers in accordance to schedules
• Perform work area maintenance duties
ABC Company, Park Hills, MO | 2004-2011
• Assisted in setting up and managing press related work in accordance to the instruction provided by the press operator.
• Ensured that all raw materials such as paper and ink is in a correct supply and managed cleanliness in and around the work area
• Assured that all raw material needed for a press job is readily available at the time of a job
• Assisted in measuring the quantity of ink, colors, and paper to be used for a project
• Monitored the process and provided feedback in the event of a problem
Park Hills High School, Park Hills, MO – 2004