Pilots usually work at commercial airlines where their core work is to transport passengers from one destination to another in a safe and timely manner. Pilots are trained professionals who have gone through rigorous training procedures and flight simulations before they are entrusted with a plane to fly.
Pilots do not just fly planes; they are also expected to perform preflight inspections to ensure that all is well with the aircraft and manage post-flight duties which may include arranging for maintenance and securing the aircraft.
If you are a new graduate who is looking for a resume sample that can help you apply for a pilot position, you may use the following example.
290 Clifton Place, Brooklyn, NY 22014
gregg @ email . com
Looking for a position as a Pilot with Air USA using the ability to fly aircraft in a safe and time efficient manner along with knowledge of a multitude of air routes around the world.
• Commercial MEL and CEL certification
• Functional knowledge of planning, conducting and directing flight test programs
• Competent at performing preflight inspections and post-flight maintenance procedures
• Hands on experience in providing excellence in passenger customer services en route to destinations
• Conversant with studying weather patterns of departure area, destinations, and flight routes
• Fly planes on schedule and provide customer services to boarded passengers
• Ensure preflight inspections are performed in an immaculate manner
• Make sure post-flight maintenance is performed
• Study weather conditions and make decisions to fly or detain the flight
• Ensure cleanliness of the aircraft
• Manage emergency situations appropriately
• Calculate aircraft weight and balance and ensure appropriate fueling
• Planned and conducted test activities on flights
• Formulated test procedures and conducted appropriate flight tests
• Assisted in identifying design and operational deficiencies
• Made recommendations for managing deficiencies
Bachelor’s Degree in Professional Piloting
UTAH VALLEY UNIVERSITY, Orem, UT – 2014
• Ability to work within deadlines and on schedules
• Excellent attention to detail
• Exceptional customer orientation and communication skills
• Well-honed ability to prioritize tasks
• Strong interpersonal skills
Last updated on