Skills are most important if you are working as a forklift operator. In fact, you will need to convince the hiring manager that you are the best there is out there if you want to obtain the job.
In the good news department, this is not difficult. A resume provides plenty of space for you to outline your skills as a forklift operator. However, using the right words and phrases to convince the hiring manager to hire you is not as easy.
In order to ensure that the skills and qualifications section of a forklift operator resume is properly written, have a look at the following skills statements:
Sample Skills and Qualifications for Forklift Operator Resume
• Demonstrated ability to understand schedules and shipping orders.
• Effectively able to set up and calibrate assigned forklifts.
• Highly skilled in operating forklifts in order to perform loading and unloading work.
• Exceptionally talented in driving forklifts to assigned locations in order to perform picking tasks.
• Deeply familiar with searching and locating items in storage areas and effectively picking them up.
• Highly experienced in loading items onto the forklift, by using the right controls.
• Competent in moving goods from one place to another, while ensuring their security.
• Qualified to stack goods in the correct storage bays, by following set inventory control instructions.
• Unmatched ability to check that loads are properly secured onto pallet jacks and forklifts.
• Proficient in optimizing loads to machines before transporting them.
• Adept at effectively managing inventory by utilizing RF scanners.
• Skilled in picking and packing orders as instructed by supervisors.
• Competent in identifying workplace safety hazards, and ensuring that they are handled according to the protocol.
• Qualified to perform preventative, as well as regular maintenance on assigned forklifts.
• Familiar with inspecting forklifts and pallet jacks in order to determine problems such as repair needs.
• Proven ability to create and maintain inventory records, and shipment documentation according to set procedures.
• Solid track record of effectively handling picking, packing, and labeling work.
• Experienced in monitoring and maintaining accurate inventory, and communicating low stock situations to supervisors.
As a forklift operator, your knowledge of using and maintaining different types of forklifts and pallet jacks must be highlighted in a resume.
You should also ensure that this section contains information on your ability to, and knowledge of unloading and loading items, and carefully moving them from one place to another.
Also, your skills should include your competency in performing preventative, as well as regular maintenance on forklifts.
See also: Forklift Operator Cover Letter