Electric pallet jack operators work in warehouse environments where their prime duty is to operate pallet jacks to move items from one place to another.
In most warehouses, they also double as order pickers and a majority of their time is spent in looking for orders in storage areas.
Their work does not end at operating electric pallets jacks; they are also expected to assist with loading and unloading activities along with ensuring that the right item is selected and that it is transported to the delivery pallet safely.
It is essential for these professionals to know how to perform maintenance activities. At the beginning of each day, he must make sure that pallet jacks/forklifts are in good working condition and are safe to use.
To obtain employment as an electric pallet jack operator, you should possess a high school diploma or a GED at the very least. You need to be pallet jack or forklift certified. Some experience in warehouse setting will be a plus.
Electric Pallet Jack Operator Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Take orders from supervisors for order picking activities.
• Assist in loading and unloading items from delivery trucks.
• Prepare pallets for handling objects appropriately.
• Perform pre-checks on electric pallet jacks to ensure that they are in proper working order.
• Perform minor troubleshooting activities when needed.
• Ensure that electric pallet jacks are maintained on a periodic basis.
• Pick orders from storage areas and verify the accuracy of order from order sheets.
• Count quantity of items asked for by the customer and ensure that any broken things are isolated and reported to the supervisor immediately.
• Operate electric pallet jack to lift and transport items to the labeling and quality control section.
• Make sure that all items are boxed and appropriately labeled.
• Transport items to the delivery pallets safely and urgently.
• Make sure that any unusual incidents or accidents are reported to the supervisor immediately.
• Ensure that any empty containers are removed from designated locations following a picking task.
• Perform a variety of warehousing tasks such as replenishing pick locations.
• Perform labeling, sorting and storing of picked products.
• Assemble containers and boxes and ensure appropriate maintenance of supplies and equipment.
Last updated on