Forklift operators usually work at warehouses where their responsibility is to drive and operate forklifts in order to move heavy merchandise.
If you are looking for a job as a forklift operator, then you need to build a compelling resume to grab the attention of hiring manager towards your relevant qualifications and skills.
If you have less or no experience in hand, you should make a targeted resume with a clear objective and related strengths. Including any kind of non-relevant information in your letter will harm your candidacy.
The following resume example for a forklift operator may help you build your own.
7763 Cotton Road | Leemore, CA 74122 | (000) 999-9999 | norbert @ email . com
Looking for a Forklift Operator position with Acme Goods using excellent ability to operate hydraulic forklifts along with a proven record of working in a warehouse environment.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Over 8 months’ experience in operating forklifts and pallet jacks
• Current forklift operator license
• Extremely proficient in picking, packing and moving merchandise safely
• Willing to work nights and weekends
• In-depth knowledge of common warehouse layouts and their functionality
|• Safety Techniques||• Organization||• Communication|
|• Voxware Commands||• Following Instructions||• Customer Service|
|• Work Area Sanitation||• Physical Dexterity||• Basic Mathematics|
• Fixed a complex problem Singlehandedly with a forklift to which deemed irreparable.
• Promoted from general worker to forklift operator within three months of performing quality work.
Amway Merchandise – Leemore, CA | 12/2017 to Present
• Unload inbound shipments.
• Move products to storage locations.
• Stack and store merchandise in appropriate places.
• Prepare and stage skids for outbound shipments.
• Assist with picking and packing.
• Assist with pallet building.
• Perform maintenance and preventive maintenance tasks on forklifts.
Stericycle – San Diego, CA | 6/2017 to 12/2017
• Loaded/Unloaded shipments.
• Made sure orders were filled and completed accurately.
• Performed quality checks on merchandise.
• Ensured safe activities within the warehouse.
CITY PUBLIC SCHOOL, San Diego, CA – 2010