If you are planning to get into a full-time nursing position, the best way to obtain sufficient training in the nursing field is through volunteering.
You will not only gain hands-on experience this way, but it will also be a valuable addition to your resume.
When building a resume for a volunteer nurse position, you need to keep a few considerations in mind.
Being at the beginner level, it is advisable to begin your volunteer nurse resume with a career objective statement rather than a profile.
Once you have come up with an objective statement, the next section is usually qualifications however if you have a strong academic background that you want to highlight then you can go for the education section first.
Whichever format you choose, make sure the layout is soothing to the reader’s eye.
Choose a simple font style and a regular size, and avoid fancy formatting.
Related: Volunteer Nurse Job Description
Let us have a look at a volunteer nurse sample resume.
Volunteer Nurse Resume Example
11 Wilson Ave, Lenexa, KS 98080
Genuinely compassionate with the ability to communicate effectively with patients
Looking for a challenging volunteer nurse role where formal training and skills in nursing will be utilized to provide excellence in patient care.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Deep understanding of contemporary medical care interventions
• Compliance with hospital sanitation and hygiene clinic requirements
• Well versed in dealing with patients from diverse and varied cultural groups effectively
• Skilled in general ambulatory care
• Substantial knowledge of family planning and women’s health issues
• Patient case filing and management
B.S. Degree in Nursing
KANSAS COLLEGE OF NURSING, Lenexa, KS
Current DEA license
Current KS nurse practitioner license
Florence Hospital, Lenexa, KS
Jun 2021 – Present
• Record physical findings and discuss the patient’s case with relevant doctors to develop comprehensive care plans.
• Perform drug stocking and dispersing tasks.
• Compile the medical history of incoming patients.
• Accompany patients to various examination rooms.
• Assist doctors and surgeons in different medical procedures.
• Brief the patients regarding treatment plans and preventive precautions.
• Initiated stock inventory sheets for nondrug medical procurement items and equipment needed on the floor
• Performed emergency first aid treatment for 20+ children who came in injured after a deadly fire accident
• Assisted in collecting samples and performing various urine dipstick and blood sample-based lab tests
• MS office suite
• Electronic patient databases
Bilingual: Spanish and English