A cover letter for the Oncology Nurse position is an essential document that accompanies your resume.
It should be impressive enough to catch the attention of the employer and persuade him to read your resume.
Oncology Nurse Cover Letter Writing Tips
- Mention why you are suitable for the job and what can you do for the prospective employer.
- Show how your qualifications, education, experience, and achievements can be beneficial to the facility.
- Use simple language and keep your letter short and to the point.
Related: Oncology Nurse Resume Sample
Oncology Nurse Cover Letter Example
54 Thames Street, Kentucky, KY 33444
January 23, 2022
Mr. Arthur Smith
The Services Hospital
34 Adam’s Street
Kentucky, KY 33444
Dear Mr. Smith:
As a highly dedicated and compassionate nursing professional, I would like to be considered for the Oncology Nurse position at The Services Hospital. Throughout my 7+ years’ career as a Registered Nurse, I have held increasingly responsible nursing positions while gaining extensive experience in working with cancer patients.
Some of my strengths include:
- Adept at providing medical administration as per physician’s advice.
- Proficient in delivering chemotherapy sessions to patients.
- Track record of educating patients regarding cancer treatment and medication.
- Effective skills in maintaining patient charts and reminding them regarding chemotherapy follow up visit dates.
You have mentioned in your advertisement that you need a nurse who can conduct seminars and provide emotional support to cancer patients. I bring a track record of leading useful and motivational sessions with patients and their families to counsel them psychologically all the time through treatment. I have organized 11 highly commended seminars during my professional career, where I guided patients, motivated them to fight against cancer and educated them on how to live a healthy life.
I believe that my qualifications will prove to be very beneficial to your hospital. I look forward to discussing my oncology-related skills in detail with you. Please call me now at (000) 111-9654 to schedule an interview date and time.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you.