Writing a resume can be a very baffling task yet it is critically important to seek a professional career successfully. The recipe of success in any job hunt is to keep your resume simple and straight forward. Read advertisements carefully and then apply. Design your oncology nursing resume according to the needs of the employer and the organization.
Oncology Nurse Resume Tips
• Core competencies and key achievements are a major part of your resume and they should be clearly and explicitly elucidated.
• Always remember to explain your work experience. While writing about the work experience don’t just mention the address and name of the organization you have worked for, but also comment on the job description and accomplishments.
• In the end you can state any degrees you have acquired whether they are academic or professional and also talk about any additional related courses or training you have taken.
|11 Brookline street ~ Boston, MA 11111|
(005) 555-6666 • roberta @ email . com
Roberta Gerald, RN
Reliably achieving success within healthcare field.
Compassionate, dedicated individual with 7 years’ experience in oncology nursing training in nursing. Focused on providing exceptional care through therapy administration, symptom management and supportive care for the Oncology and Hematology patients. Record of managing care plans based on knowledge of cancer, treatment and side effects.
|● Chemotherapy/Biotherapy||● Patient Education||● Patient Assessment|
|● IV Therapy||● Medicine Administration||● Symptom Treatment|
|● Palliative Care||● Emotional Support||● Inventory Maintenance|
|● Chemotherapy||● Progress Monitoring||● Communication|
• Provided affable and good-natured patient care, increased patient satisfaction by 30% at Community Service Hospital Oncology Department
• Received ‘Beacon Award’ from American Association of Critical Care Nursing
• Achieved AOCN Award of the year in Oncology Nursing – 2013
COMMUNITY SERVICES HOSPITAL, Boston, MA
Oncology Nurse, 1/2011 to Present
• Maintain patient port folios chart and administer medicine as per schedule
• Provide care to Oncology and Hematology patients
• Spread awareness regarding risks of cancer
• Inform people how to detect early cancer through community services seminars
• Handle patient complaints
THE CURE CENTRE, Boston, MA
Junior Nurse, Oncology, 3/2006 to 1/2011
• Inspected all chemotherapy equipment
• Coordinated with doctors and specialist physicians
• Helped patients emotionally by enhancing their will power to fight cancer
• Provided volunteer services to educate people about cancer in seminars and conferences
• Kept record of daily amount of medicine administered per patient
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF NURSING, Boston, MA
Advanced Oncology Certified Nurse Practitioner Diploma (AOCNP)
ABC SCHOOL OF NURSING, Boston MA
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
BLS – American Heart Assoiation