An er nurse cover letter is a supportive marketing tool that helps your resume shine and enhances your chances of being considered for a position.
Its primary purpose is to advocate your candidacy for any given job.
In comparison with the resume, your cover letter must be more personalized and employer specific.
Below are some useful guidelines regarding cover letter writing.
• Don’t just expand the information as given in your resume. Instead, tell them what you offer in terms of competence and how you can address their needs and expectations.
• Showcase your unique skills and personality traits that will be beneficial for a prospective employer.
Below is an ER cover letter sample for your guidance.
ER Nurse Cover Letter Example
Celine Davis, RN
211 Watson Ave • Houston, TX 43209 • (005) 333-2222 • [Email]
March 9, 2018
Mr. Jake Newson
443 Heather Lane
Houston, TX 43209
Dear Mr. Newson:
I am responding to the advertisement for the position of ER Nurse. Considering the parity between your job demands and my competencies, I am confident that I am the best contender for this job.
As stated in the enclosed resume, I am an experienced ER nurse who is a graduated from Texas College of Nursing and have been associated with American Nurse Association for the past three years. I am proficient in wound dressing, emergency life support and initial assessment of patients. I have been actively participating in various community awareness programs under the supervision of ANA.
The following qualifications make me an exceptional contender:
• Track record of developing patient care plans based on physician consult reports.
• Competent in routine patient monitoring.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Adept at collecting personal and family history, and briefing the patients about medical procedures.
I will call your office on Thursday to schedule an interview to establish my candidacy further. Should you have any queries? Please feel free to contact me at (005) 333-2222.
Thank you for your time and consideration.