183 Idlewood Drive, Mentor, OH 35463
ruthgraham @ email . com
Dedicated and strong-willed nursing professional offering 5+ years’ progressive experience in developing, implementing, evaluating care plans, with a special focus on patient wellbeing. Focused on delivery of core patient education to ensure that the disease is understood properly. Hands-on experience in taking patient histories and physical examinations to determine the cause of disease or discomfort. Competent at evaluating results and monitoring treatment plans.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Care Optimization
• Treatment Plan Development
• Patient Education
• Data Analysis
• Home Health Service
• Behavior Management
• Customized Care Plans
• Patient Hygiene and Safety
• Critical Care
HOLY CROSS HEALTH, Mentor, OH
(5/2015 to Present)
Key Achievements and Results
• Created a core patient care plan which is now being used to spin-off dedicated care plans.
• Reduced patient data analysis time by 50% by employing an interview approach to data collection methods.
• Introduced home health service provision modules for patients requiring home care.
• Implemented an alternative pain management module that assisted patients with chronic pain.
• Assist in creating and implementing core patient care programs according to each patient’s individual medical needs
• Interview patients and their families to determine disease and discomfort
• Observe and record patients’ behavior to establish degree/level of pain
• Coordinate efforts with physicians and other healthcare professionals to evaluate healthcare plans
• Provide emotional and physical support to patients and assist in creating a harmonious environment
• Maintain reports of patient’s medical histories and monitor changes in their conditions
• Ascertain that physicians are made aware of changing patient conditions and intervene during emergency situations
• Direct and supervise the work of licensed practical nurses and certified nursing assistants
• Ensure the appropriate level of sanitization within a clinical setting
• Conduct research to ensure that nursing practices are constantly updated
• Provide instant medical care in instances such as accidents, strokes, and heart attacks
Certified Nursing Assistant
LAHEY CLINIC, Mentor, OH
(1/2010 to 5/2015)
• Assisted patients in handling their daily needs such as toileting, bathing, and grooming
• Administered medication as per patient charts and checked vitals such as blood pressure, pulse, and temperature
• Observed patients on a regular basis and ensured that they are kept constantly comfortable
• Monitored and recorded instances of distress and ensured that physicians are kept aware of these changes/deteriorations
• Provided emergency services to accident victims or patients suffering from strokes or heart attacks
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
OHIO MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, Mentor, OH – 2015