2321 Massey Street, Morrilton, AR 12542
sarah.kennedy @ email . com
CLINICAL NURSE EDUCATOR
• 9+ years’ hands-on experience in providing nursing services and education within clinical environments.
• Able to adapt to high pressure while remaining professional.
• Competent at developing and implementing education plans for student nurses.
• Documented success in providing educational leadership to patients and care providers in a bid to enhance specialized patient care.
• Hands-on experience in collaborating with medical providers and patient care staff to plan, implement and deliver educational curricula.
• Proven record of providing direct specialized nursing care to assigned patients to ensure their physical and mental wellbeing.
• Introduced nursing clinical assessments which provided high accuracy when determining nursing student eligibility for set educational programs.
• Implemented extended skills programs for registered nurses striving to specialize in particular fields.
• Developed and implemented a series of educational resources, based on which an entire coursebook was published.
• Chosen from a group of 52 clinical nurse educators in the state to lead Nurse’s Guild, an annual nursing practices course developed by the government.
Clinical Nurse Educator
PROVIDENCE HEALTH AND SERVICES, Morrilton, AR
May 2011 – Present
• Assess nurse students to determine their eligibility for clinical nursing programs
• Devise nursing curriculums to meet the varying needs of student nurses
• Create and implement lesson plans according to each student nurse’s individual abilities
• Provide students with information on different clinical nursing concepts and their implementation in hospital and clinical settings
• Use assessment and evaluation strategies to determine student nurses’ progress
• Function as a source of information for healthcare professionals with the view to implement methods for improving patient care
• Provide direct patient care to a designated unit of patients with serious or morbid conditions
GREENVILLE HEALTH SYSTEM, Morrilton, AR
Apr 2006 – May 2011
• Assessed patients healthcare needs by examining and interviewing them and their families
• Created and implemented correlating plans of care to meet patients’ healthcare needs
• Administered medication orally and through IVs
• Observed patients to determine deterioration or improvement and provide feedback to presiding doctors
• Took and recorded patients’ vitals such as blood pressure, temperature, and pulse
• Provided training to student nurses while ensuring that they follow nursing protocols in compliance with the hospital’s policies
EDUCATION & LICENSURE
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
MORRILTON NURSING SCHOOL, Morrilton, AR – 2009
Current Arkansas RN License
• Educational Leadership
• Nursing Curriculum Development
• Clinical Support
• Clinical Research
• Learning Plans Support
• Clinical Assessments
• Critical Incident Debriefing
• Health Professionals Advocacy
• Clinical and Preceptorship Models
• Extended Skills Programs
• Educational Resources Development
• Retrieval Nursing Practices