Clinical nurse specialists are advanced practiced nurses who provide direct patient care within the specialization that they have graduated in.
They may have specialized in cardiology, oncology or pediatrics.
If you are a qualified clinical nurse specialist, you may need to put forward your specialization information in a resume when applying for a job.
Take a look at the following example which will guide you on how to make an effective resume for Clinical Nurse Specialist.
Clinical Nurse Specialist Resume Example
45 Goodwin Drive, Park Ridge, IL 77884
lyn @ email. com
Clinical Nurse Specialist
- 10+ years’ dedicated experience, serving patients who have cancer and chronic diseases.
- Proficient in applying the principles, concepts, and techniques related to patient care.
- Proven record of making independent decisions about patient and family nursing needs.
- Track record of contributing to the quality improvement plan and meeting core measure performance goals of the facility.
- Strong program development skills
- Demonstrated ability to utilize electronic medical records
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent organizational acumen
- Exceptional ability to work under time constraints
EXCELLENCE IN CLINICAL WORK
- Accomplished success in placing an educational program based on clinical performance and orientation for patients and families.
- Trained several groups of trainee nurses in delivering excellent patient care by utilizing their education as a base.
St. Bernard’s Healthcare – Park Ridge, IL
Clinical Nurse Specialist | Jan 2003 – Feb 2019
- Obtained patient history and completed a physical assessment to determine the level of care required.
- Conducted regular patient rounding to establish and help carry out care plans.
- Completed risk assessment before surgical procedures.
- Provided consultation and education to patients.
- Assured utilization of evidence-based practice.
- Provided bedside nursing instruction when needed.
University of Illinois – Park Ridge, IL, 2002
Master’s of Science in Nursing
Current Licensure as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner
BLS and CPR
- Clinical Nurse Specialist Resume (Sample 2)