If you have ever written a resume summary that you have been commended for, then you are an artist!
Yes, that is how difficult it is to write. Why difficult?
Since the dental hygienist summary statement is the first part of a resume and gets read before the rest of the resume has a chance to create an impression, writing one is almost always riddled with uncertainties.
Will the employer like what we wrote?
Will he be impressed with the language used?
Will the rest of the resume be read, based on what the resume summary says?
All these thoughts linger in our heads. And it can become quite uncomfortable.
To make sure that we do away with the discomfort, it is always a good idea to begin in the right way.
What do you intend to achieve by writing a resume summary in the first place?
You intend to tell the reader that you are the most significant thing that happened to him and his company and that you should be hired!
Well, in not so many words but words to the effect of these!
Creativity is the name of the game here.
Use words that best describe you as a professional in the dental hygiene arena.
Refrain from using flowery language but do make good use of strong words.
Dental Hygienist Resume Summary Samples
• Qualified dental hygienist with 5+ years’ progressive experience in patient screening procedures such as oral health care assessments and review of health histories. Adept at dental charting and head and neck inspection duties before dental procedures. An energetic individual who has special expertise in dental whitening procedures.
• An experienced and hardworking professional with extensive experience in dental hygiene arena. Exceptional proficiency in applying preventative materials such as sealants and fluorides and counseling patients about good nutrition and appropriate oral hygiene techniques. Special talent for maximizing results with minimal sensitivity.
• Top-performing dental hygienist who is known for applying innovative and tested measures designed to preserve and promote dental health. Adept at placing and removing rubber dams, matrices, and temporary restorations. Expertise includes digital radiography and soft tissue management.
• Experienced professional with over ten years’ track record of success in dental hygiene procedures. Exceptional ability to identifying patients’ oral health and hygiene needs and planning and implementing specialized care plans to meet them effectively.
• Highly skilled dental hygienist with broad exposure to prepare dental equipment and instruments, developing and mounting diagnostically acceptable radiographs, along with great adeptness in dental prophylaxis. Proficient in ensuring quality assurance, infection control, charting and emergency treatment.
Last updated on