Every year, many people move to the USA to work as domestic helpers, caregivers, and au pair. They live with the host family to look after children and perform household tasks.
Being an Au pair is an exciting opportunity for career advancement while learning the English language and US culture. Job seekers require a J-1 visa in order to enter the USA as an au-pair.
To apply for an au-pair job, you will need to build a compelling resume and cover letter. The following Au Pair Resume Sample will provide you with the guidelines to make your CV or Resume to apply for a job.
How to Write a Great Resume or CV for Au Pair Job?
- Start your resume with an objective or profile statement.
- Highlight your skills and qualifications.
- Write your professional experience and accomplishments using short bullet points.
- Add information about your education and certification.
- Explicitly mention your language skills.
If you have no experience in hand as an Au Pair, you may add internships or volunteer experiences in childcare profession. Or you may mention that you babysit your siblings or neighbors.
Related: Cover Letter for Au Pair
Au Pair CV and Resume Example
87 9th Street, Bradford, UK U7Y 8I9
au.pair @ email . com
❖❖ AU PAIR ❖❖
Organized and Dependable
Friendly and well-mannered au-pair with a proven track record of providing quality childcare services to different families. Seeking work with a reputed agency or a family. Passionate to take full responsibility for the safety and growth of children. Willing to work throughout the UK, USA, Canada, Australia, and Europe.
• Over two years’ experience in different child care capacities
• Authentic professional references
• Enjoy working with children of different backgrounds and age groups
• Neat appearance with a tolerant and flexible approach
• Current driver’s license
• Genuine love for domestic pets
• Able to work efficiently on nights and hectic days
• Non-drinker and non-smoker
SELECTED ACHIEVEMENTS AS AN AUPAIR
• Achieved an appreciation letter from family when helped efficiently during the illness period of their elder son.
• Helped the children complete their homework and assignments, which resulted in good grades for children.
• Emotionally supported children during the period of illness.
Live-in Au Pair | Mother’s Helper
Mr. John Doe’s Family, London
2018 – Present
• Help to promote the mental, social and educational development of two children of ages 4 and 6
• Take children to school and park, and brunt them back
• Read stories to the children
• Clean children’s room, play area, and toys
• Cook nutritious meals, snacks and refreshments for the children and family
• Take children to the library, swimming, and shopping
ABC Company, London
2016 – 2018
• Organized healthy games for 4 children and played with them
• Performed light housekeeping tasks such as dusting, mopping, vacuuming
• Changed diapers of infants
• Washed and ironed clothes
• Took children to doctor’s appointments
• Cared for 2 dogs and 1 cat
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
High School Diploma
CITY SCHOOL, London – 2005
First Aid Certification – 2011
German – Excellent
English – Basic (Willing to learn)
Spanish – Basic (Willing to learn)
• Good ability to look after babies and young teenagers
• Able to work independently or under minimum supervision
• Good behavior judgment skills
• Outstanding communication skills
• Profound ability to perform light housekeeping tasks
[Give details of two references on a separate sheet]