A furniture assembler is responsible for assembling different kinds of furniture.
S/he reads customer order to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
This professional is also accountable for conveying materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or other assigned areas.
The following sample resume for furniture assembler will provide you with the idea of making your resume stand out.
If you have no prior experience in hand, you may modify the experience section of this sample resume.
Related: Furniture Installer Resume Sample
Furniture Assembler Resume Sample
31 Example Avenue
Arcadia, WI 98883
john @ email . com
❖❖ Furniture Assembler ❖❖
A self-motivated and energized individual with 13+ years’ extensive experience in the physical assembly of furniture. Adept at inspecting a variety of wood and other furniture while ensuring customer service and quality standards. Well versed in adjusting, trimming, and fitting parts of a wide variety of furniture.
• Practical skills in filling requisitions, work orders, and requests for materials
• Demonstrated ability to assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves
• Computer: MS Office Suite and a range of computer software related to furniture installation
City Co – Arcadia, WI
2012 – Present
• Successfully perform the assembling tasks within a specified period.
• Introduce a variety of new tools which decreased assembly time by 40%.
• Train 12 new workers.
• Participate in team meetings and activities.
• Use various hand and power tools and adhesives to join parts into a complete unit.
• Set up and appropriately utilized jigs to assemble parts.
Ashley Furniture – Arcadia, WI
2005 – 2012
• Moved parts in and out of work area using appropriate equipment
• Set up and adjusted workstation to suit ergonomic requirements.
• Suggested improvements on procedure inputs.
• Inspected parts for defects and informed suitable workers of non-conforming parts.
High School Diploma
City School, Arcadia, WI
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT EXPERTISE
– Jigs & fixtures
– Staple gun
– Drawer machine
– Glue systems
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Ability to lift, carry and assemble parts weighing up to 100 lbs