Impactful resumes for a medical transcriptionist position are ones that summarize your key selling strengths right up front.
That is to say, a resume summary is a very important section of the resume.
In addition to the summary, another resume section that has rapidly gained popularity is the skills section.
Employers like to see tabulated or bullet key strengths sections since these reflect the core competencies offered by the candidate at a glance thus saving a lot of time.
Below is a professional medical transcriptionist resume sample for your further guidance.
Medical Transcriptionist Resume Example
820 Olive Gardens • Norcross, GA 45993 • (004) 333–2222 • nicolas @ email . com
❖❖ MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST ❖❖
Accurate and detail-oriented medical transcriptionist with 6+ years’ hands-on experience in transcribing physician’s notes, dictations, and verbatim, using audio tape recordings to deliver error-free medical content. Highly systematic and organized professional with proven skills in archiving the transcribed data according to the respective specialization categories to facilitate data retrieval.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|• Procedure Documentation
• Report Formulation
• Data Transcription
• Accuracy Verification
|• Medical Recordkeeping
• Discrepancy Rectification
• Report Compilation
• Data Entry
• Digital Transcription
PATIENT FIRST, Norcross, GA | Aug 2012 – Present
- Carefully listen to and transcribe doctors notes, dictations and audio recordings of operative procedures
- Submit medical data reports to the authorized department after getting the same verified by the doctor in charge
- Respond to authorized information release requests in a professional and timely manner
- Use shorthand, stenotype machines, and verbatim dictation headsets to ensure accuracy of data transcribed
- Verify patient data and history for validation of medical records
- Maintain logs of daily data/medical reporting requests received, transcribed and submitted
Key Results and Achievements
- Attained 99% data accuracy rate through implementation of foolproof rechecking and data verification SOPs
- Reduced case file processing time by 5 hours on average by producing same-day data integrated patient files for record keeping and discharge processing purposes
Assistant Medical Transcriptionist
MILNER INC, Norcross, GA | Mar 2009 – Jul 2012
- Received pre-recorded audio notes and transcribed the same
- Verified medical content for accuracy by checking against pre-recorded versions
- Timely submitted transcribed reports for inclusion in medical records
- Consulted medical dictionaries to distinguish between homonyms and to expand medical abbreviations
- Identified inconsistencies in medical content and proofread the same
- Collected procedural data from relevant departments and compiled the same to create complete medical reports
Associate’s Degree in Medical Transcription
CITY UNIVERSITY, Norcross, GA – 2009