Impactful resumes for medical transcriptinist position are ones that summarize your key selling strengths right up front. Resume summary is a very important section of the resume and it must be embellished wisely with the competencies and professional accomplishments you have to your credit that could come in handy at the firm you are applying at.
In addition to the profile summary, another resume section that has rapidly gained popularity is the expertise section. Employers like to see tabulated or bullet key strengths sections since these reflect the core competencies offered by the candidate at a glance thus saving a lot of time.
Below is a professional medical transcriptionist resume sample for your further guidance.
820 Olive Gardens • Norcross, GA 45993 • (004) 333–2222 • nicolas @ email . com
❖❖ MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST ❖❖
Performance Summary: Accurate and detail oriented medical transcriptionist with 6+ years’ hands-on experience in transcribing physician’s notes, dictations and verbatim, using audio tape recordings to deliver error free medical content. Highly systematic and organized professional with proven skills in archiving the transcribed data according to the respective specialization categories to facilitate data retrieval.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|• Procedure Documentation||• Medical Recordkeeping||• Digital Transcription|
|• Report Formulation||• Discrepancy Rectification||• Content Verification|
|• Data Transcription||• Report Compilation||• Data Collection|
|• Accuracy Verification||• Data Entry||• Text Proofreading|
PATIENT FIRST, Norcross, GA | Aug 2012 – Present
• Carefully listen to and transcribe doctors notes, dictations and audio recordings of operative procedures
• Submit medical data reports to the authorized department after getting the same verified by the doctor in charge
• Respond to authorized information release requests in a professional and timely manner
• Use shorthand, stenotype machines and verbatim dictation headsets to ensure accuracy of data transcribed
• Verify patient data and history for validation of medical records
• Maintain logs of daily data/medical reporting reuests received, transcribed and submitted
Key Results and Achievements
• Attained 99% data accuracy rate through implementation of fool proof rechecking and data verification SOPs
• Reduced case file processing time by 5 hours on average by producing same-day data integrated patient files for record keeping and discharge processing purposes
MILNER INC, Norcross, GA | Mar 2009 – Jul 2012
Assistant Medical Transcriptionist
• Received pre-recorded audio notes and transcribed the same
• Verified medical content for accuracy by checking against pre-recorded versions
• Timely submitted transcribed reports for inclusion in medical records
• Consulted medical dictionaries to distinguish between homonyms and to expand medical abbreviations
• Identified inconsistencies in medical content and proofread the same
• Collected procedural data form relevant departments and compiled the same to create compete medical reports
CITY UNIVERSITY, Norcross, GA – 2009
Associate’s Degree in Medical Transcription
Last updated on