Resume writing has become a challenging task due to the prevalent saturation in the present-day job market and it gets worse when one does not have any experience to showcase.
When creating your first medical transcriptionist resume, count on the transferable medical transcriptionist skills that you practiced during your coursework or while studying.
The good news for starters is that there is an increasing trend among prospective employers to seek candidates who can get their required tasks done rather than ones who are experienced in doing the same.
Projecting your candidacy as someone who can get the job done accurately is, therefore, your best shot to gain attention through your resume, even without having a bulky experience section to show off.
Most employers utilize ATS for initial shortlisting so, in order to make it through this computerized scanning, it is also crucial to add related keywords to your resume.
Below is a medical transcriptionist resume example for candidates having no experience.
Entry Level Medical Transcriptionist Resume Sample With No Experience
116 Orchid Lane, Dallas, TX 56330
fiona . gilchrist @ email . com
Seeking a Medical Transcriptionist position with the Central Hospital. Bringing exceptional skills in medical data transcription, case history compilation, and procedural write-up preparation for case follow-up and educational purposes.
- Adept at using stenotype machines and transcription headsets efficiently to generate accurately typed and printed medical content
- Effective skills in verifying medical reports and procedure descriptions against pre-recorded verbatim from doctors’ notes
- Full command of medical report writing and case filing; expert in all aspects of grammar, punctuation, proofreading, and homonym distinction
- Excellent collaboration skills with a profound ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Strong attention to detail with a track record of comprehending and transcribing all incoming data-related information through live dictations, verbatim headsets, or audio recordings
- Ample knowledge of common medical terminology
- Well-versed in consulting medical dictionaries to elaborate procedural abbreviations and simplify medical jargon to enable the data processing
Associate’s Degree in Medical Transcription
State Institute of Medical Technology, Dallas, TX – 2021
Intern Medical Transcriber
Community Centre, Dallas, TX
May 2022 – Jan 2023
- Assisted the medical transcriptionist in data collection and compilation
- Proofread the medical reports
- Distributed reports to the authorized department for inclusion in the patients’ case files
- Multilingual: English, Spanish, and Portuguese
- Excellent PC Operation skills
- Typing speed: 60 WPM