Overview and Guidelines
Standout cover letters for boat captain resume are not everyone’s ballgame. It is tough to organize your thoughts about why you are applying and what makes you a good fit for the company. Tough but not wholly impossible. After all, thousands of people write cover letters on a daily basis around the world and so many of them are actually successful at gaining the job that they want. Which tells us that the success rate is definitely not low!
Before you begin writing your cover letter:
• Understand your purpose
• Create a Venn diagram of ideal skills and qualifications
• Research the position and the company
During the writing process:
• Be specific and show initiative
• Use keywords when referencing your qualifications and experiences
• Avoid overselling yourself
• Address the company’s values specifically
• Be original and avoid using general phrases
Formally addressing the hiring manager is important. If you start off on the right foot, you are looking at success in the eyes. Be clear and concise in asking for an interview – you will not lose any points for being straightforward. Clinching your spot as a viable candidate is only possible through a clear call to action, so leave a telephone number and an email address where the hiring manager can reach you. This will not only show your proactivity but your enthusiasm as well. Hiring managers love enthusiastic individuals.
On to the cover letter sample now. Take a peek!
336 Victoria Street
Lees Summit, MO 10210
Alec.gracia @ email . com
September 21, 2015
Ms. Madison Moore
Treasure Island Tours
912 SE 7th Street
Lees Summit, MO 15362
Dear Ms. Moore:
My maritime skills coupled with my well-honed interest in working on the sea and recent training, make me a strong candidate for a boat captain position at Treasure Island tours. In a bid to acquaint you with my qualifications, I request you to look through the following list:
• Well-versed in using navigational aids to determine boat’s speed and location
• Proficient in directing the piloting of boats towards pre-plotted destinations
• Adept at strictly following all maritime protocols and safety regulations and ensuring that crew members do the same
• Hands-on experience in supervising the maintenance and operations of boat’s engines to ensure a safe passage
As a resume is limited in the information that it conveys, why don’t we meet in person? If you require additional facts before arranging the interview, please call me at (000) 652-5252.
Thank you for your time and consideration.