Entry-level medical assistants often find it difficult to write job application documents. The following tips and a sample resume will help you in building an interview-winning resume.
How to Write a Resume for Medical Assistant With No Experience?
- Start your resume with an attractive summary or profile statement.
- Build two different sections of patient care and administrative skills so that the reader can quickly overview your potential.
- Since medical assistance is a specialized field, it is important to highlight your relevant academic qualifications in your resume.
The following example of a medical assistant resume will provide you with a basic idea of how to build a good resume. This sample is created explicitly for entry-level fresh graduates with no experience in hand. Feel free to modify this example as per the requirements of the prospective employer and your circumstances.
We expect that this resume sample along with this medical assistant cover letter no experience will help new graduates tremendously.
33 East Street, London, ON G8R 6S9
A highly dependable individual with a sound understanding of medical assistance and clerical tasks. Exceptional communication and customer service acumen. Eager to obtain a position as a medical assistant at ABC Hospital.
PATIENT CARE SKILLS
• Vitals and blood pressure
• Injections, phlebotomy, EKG’s and basic lab tests
• Room preparation and equipment sterilization
• Describing prescriptions
• Patients’ education and answering questions
• Coding charts Interpretation
• Files organization
• Collection and documentation of patient information
• Medical records maintenance
• Computer: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Access
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
City College, London, ON – 2020
Phlebotomy and CPR Certifications – 2020
Medical Assistant Intern
St Louis Hospital, London, ON
Apr 2019 – Present
• Take medical histories and record vital signs of patients.
• Draw blood, get patients ready for x-rays and take electrocardiograms.
• Remove sutures and change dressings of patients.
• Explain medical procedures to patients.
• Prepare patients for examinations
• Support physicians throughout examinations.
Lakeridge Health, Hamilton, ON
Dec 2018 – Apr 2019
• Collected and arranged laboratory specimens.
• Assisted in carrying out basic laboratory tests.
• Disposed of trash and sterilized the medical instruments.
• Educated patients about medications and special diets.
• Organized examination room instruments and equipment.
• Kept waiting and examining rooms tidy and clean.
• Familiar with medical terminology
• Willing to be cross-trained for other clinic duties
• Knowledge of medical ethics and confidentiality
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
- How to Write a Medical Assistant Resume No Experience
- Cover Letter for Medical Assistant No Experience