A pediatric medical assistant resume is not your only avenue to impress a hiring manager. But it is definitely the strongest one.
Candidates who take resumes lightly end up being archived for later.
This means certain failure as far as your career with that medical facility is concerned.
Make your resume the strongest job application document in the set and you can rest assure that you are headed towards success.
56 Grand Avenue | Benwood, WV 59001 | (000) 744-2014 | gregperch @ email . com
PEDIATRIC MEDICAL ASSISTANT
Flexible and self-motivated
12+ years’ track record of success working in acute care and outpatient clinic settings. Demonstrated ability to handle patient inflow in an appropriate manner, placing special focus on ensuring delivery of high-quality services. Special talent for:
• Performing patient scheduling duties, focusing especially on prioritizing emergent cases
• Creating and maintaining effective liaison with insurance companies to verify patients’ insurance coverages
• Taking and recording patients’ vitals such as height, weight and temperature in an accurate and orderly manner
• Handling vaccinations by administering vaccines and ensuring that corresponding information is properly logged
|✓ Patient Scheduling||✓ Inventory Control||✓ Insurance Liaison|
|✓ Vital Signs||✓ Laboratory Liaison||✓ Examination Assistance|
|✓ Medication Administration||✓ Billing Processes||✓ Patient Triage|
|✓ Procedural Support||✓ Patient Education||✓ Emergent Services|
Dickson Medical Associates, Benwood, WV | 2012 – Present
Pediatric Medical Assistant
• Welcome patients and their families as they arrive at the medical facility, and inquire into their appointment statuses
• Verify appointments in the system and provide patients with information on waiting times
• Schedule appointments over the telephone and in person, and ensure that appropriate follow-up is performed
• Manage the inflow of patients to ensure that all scheduled patients are seen on time
• Assist in filling out registration forms and obtain and verify insurance information
• Provide support to pediatricians by taking and recording patients’ vitals and preparing them for examinations and procedures
• Educate patients by providing them with information on what to expect during each procedure or examination
• Create and maintain patients’ records in an accurate and confidential manner, and ensure that they are timely updated
• Introduced a novel patient records system, which proved to be 66% more efficient than the previous one.
• Implemented an online patient scheduling system, which reduced the appointment scheduling time by 50%.
Mindset Hospital, Benwood, WV | 2005 – 2012
Front Desk Officer
• Greeted patients and provided them with information on the hospital’s services
• Provided patients with help in filling out admission and registration forms
• Coordinated efforts to ensure that patients were appropriately assigned to the right doctor or specialist
• Created and maintained patients’ records in the hospital database, ensuring both accuracy of information and confidentiality
• Ascertained that scheduled patients were properly seated, providing them with wait timelines
• Successfully put a terrified child at ease by talking to him throughout a painful medical procedure
• Wrote an informational booklet as part of the patient education program, resulting in increased awareness on the patients’ end
Association of Medical Assistants, Benwood, WV | 2004
Medical Assistant Diploma
Benwood High School, Benwood, WV | 2002
High School Diploma
Current WV Medical Assistant Certification
Current BLS and CPR from American Heart Association
• MS Word and Excel Database
“I efficiently perform and prioritize multiple assignments in a busy outpatient pediatric setting.”