The best way to build an entry-level automotive technician resume is first to write a standard one and then customize it as per the needs of every employer.
In the beginning, maybe it will seem a bit challenging.
However, once you are done with the standard resume, you will find it easy to craft the subsequent ones.
A plan is essential when writing an entry-level Automotive Technician resume. Let us give you a good plan:
- Prepare a standard (basic) resume.
- Research the needs of each employer.
- Customize your resume following the needs of the employer.
- Add your Automotive Technician skills to your resume.
Remember that there are computerized systems out there that screen resumes before a human gets to them. Therefore, your resume needs to contain the keywords to pass both computer and human testing.
Here is an example of an entry-level automotive technician’s resume for your reference:
Sample Entry-Level Auto Technician Resume
Renville, MN 33621
High-energy individual with extensive knowledge of performing diagnosis and repair tasks on a diverse range of automobiles. Enthusiastic to use a wide variety of machinery and tools for troubleshooting automotive problems at ABC Garage.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Demonstrated ability to diagnose malfunctions by using dedicated testing equipment.
• Familiar with estimating repair and maintenance costs, based on knowledge of parts and industry labor.
• Comprehensive understanding of using voltage and current meters to test spark plugs and ignitions.
• Able to handle troubleshooting of electronic automobile brake systems.
Lithia Auto Stores, Renville, MN
Sep 2022 – Jan 2023
• Assisted in performing checks on vehicles to determine the cause of the problem
• Provided support in performing general and preventative maintenance
• Documented the cause of vehicular malfunctions and recommended appropriate repairs
• Handled tire replacements and rotations and fluid filling and checking
• Repaired defective ball joint suspensions and wheel bearings
• Tuned engines and assist in installing, repairing, and troubleshooting air conditioning and heating systems
Diploma: Automobile Engineering
City Technical College, Renville, MN – 2018
AREAS OF KNOWLEDGE
– Air conditioning – Exhaust
– Suspensions – Steering
– Brakes – Tires and alignments