Automotive technicians perform automobiles maintenance and service tasks.
They troubleshoot engines, repair electrical faults, change oil, handle brakes/alignments and manage other such necessary work that vehicles require.
Working as an automotive technician requires an excellent level of skill and experience.
When you are applying for a job at this position, you will need to mention these skills in your resume.
Auto Technician Resume Tips
• Use actions words to create more powerful sentences.
• Do not start your sentences from “I,” “My,” “responsible for,” and “duties included.”
• Mention your current work in present tense and previous experiences in the past tence.
• Start your resume with an Automotive Technician Objective or Summary statement.
• Length of your resume should be one to two pages. If you are a new graduate, then one page will work best. If you have more than five years of experience in hand, you may use two pages.
• Never send your resume without an Automotive Technician Cover Letter.
The following automotive technician resume sample will assist you in making your Resume.
See also: Sample Automotive Technician Resume
Automotive Technician Resume Example
Atlanta Street West, Edmonton, AB S9R 6E9
Deadline and detail-oriented Automotive Technician with over 11 years of experience in repair, maintenance and troubleshooting a wide range of automobiles. Proficient in diagnosing faults and repairing vehicles as per manufacturer’s specifications. A team player who has a particular focus on providing exceptional customer service. Performs multi-tasking in a fast-paced work environment.
• Complied an e-book of technical information that took information from a verified online source to update its data
• Performed training sessions for new hires by focusing on diagnosis and troubleshooting
• Effectively explained technical procedures to vehicle owners, which increased the client base by 50%
• Performed quality repair work in accordance with the SOPs, decreasing operational costs by $6000 per month
Fountain Tire – Steinbach, MB | 2008 – Present
• Diagnose, repair and complete accepted service on customer vehicles
• Advise clients on work performed, overall vehicle condition, and repair requirements
• Maintain mechanical service tools on a scheduled basis
• Operate customer vehicles in a clean and secure manner
• Support customer relations by quickly responding to customer inquiries
Cole Technicals – Springdale, MB | 2005 – 2008
• Diagnosed vehicle malfunction
• Recommended appropriate repair solutions
• Road-tested vehicles to ensure quality or repair and maintenance
• Hire and train new personnel to work as technicians and mechanics
• Explained technical specifications to clients
• Maintained communication with management in order to ensure awareness of mechanical repair problems
Automotive Service Apprenticeship
ABC Company – Springdale, MB | 2003 – 2005
• Learned the trade while assisting lead auto technicians in all kinds of tasks
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
Interprovincial Red Seal Certification
Diploma: Community School– Springdale, MB
Current driver’s license
• Vehicle road test to ensure the quality of work done
• Follow repair orders and maintain the log of results
• Clean and organize the workplace
• Tools inventory
• Vehicle cleanliness before delivery
“I bring strong mechanical aptitude and exceptional troubleshooting skills.”