Automotive technicians perform automobiles maintenance and service tasks.
They troubleshoot engines, repair electrical faults, change oil, handle brakes/alignments and manage other such necessary work that vehicles require.
Working as an automotive technician requires great level of skill and experience.
When you are applying for a job at this position, you will need to mention these skills in your resume.
Auto Technician Resume Tips
• Use actions words to create more powerful sentences.
• Do not start your sentences from “I”, “My”, “responsible for” and “duties included”.
• Mention your current work in present tense and past experiences in past tense.
• Length of your resume should be one to two pages; if you are a new graduate, one page will work best. If you have more than 5 years of experience in hand, it is acceptable to use two pages.
The following sample will assist you making your own Resume.
Automotive Technician Resume Sample
Atlanta Street West, Edmonton, AB S9R 6E9
(000) 632-2015 | john @ email . com
Deadline and detail-oriented Automotive Technician with over 11 years of experience in repair, maintenance and troubleshooting a wide range of automobiles. Proficient in diagnosing faults and repairing vehicles as per manufacturer’s specifications. Team player with a special focus on providing exceptional customer service. Performs multi-tasking in a fast-paced work environment.
• Vehicle road test to ensure quality of work done
• Follow repair orders and maintain log of results
• Clean and organized workspace
• Tools inventory
• Vehicles cleanliness before delivery
• Complied an e-book of technical information that takes information from a verified online source to update its data.
• Performed training sessions for new hires by focusing on diagnosis and troubleshooting.
• Effectively explained technical procedures to vehicle owners, increased client base by 50%.
• Performed quality repair work in accordance with factory standards.
Fountain Tire – Steinbach, MB
Automotive Techncian | 2008 – Present
• Diagnose, repair and complete accepted service on customer vehicles.
• Advise clients on work performed, overalll vehicle condition, and prospect repair requirements.
• Maintain mechanical service tools on a scheduled basis.
• Operate customer vehicles in a clean and secure manner.
• Support customer relations by quickly responding to customer inquiries.
Cole Technicals – Springdale, MB
Auto Technician | 2005 – 2008
• Diagnosed vehicle malfunction and recommended appropriate repair activities.
• Road-tested vehicles to ensure quality or repair and maintenance.
• Hire and train new personnel to work as technicians and mechanics.
• Explained technical diagnosis to clients.
• Maintained communication with management to ensure awareness of mechanical repair problems.
ABC Company – Springdale, MB
Automotive Service Apprenticeship | 2003 – 2005
• Learned trade while assisting lead auto technicians in all kinds of tasks
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
Interprovincial Red Seal Certification
Diploma: Community School– Springdale, MB
Current driver’s license
“I bring strong mechanical aptitude and exceptional troubleshooting skills.”