Automotive technicians perform automobiles maintenance and service tasks. They troubleshoot engines, repair electrical faults, change oil, handle brakes/alignments and manage other such necessary work that vehicles require.
Working as an automotive technician requires an excellent level of skill and experience. When you are applying for a job at this position, you will need to mention these skills in your resume.
The following guidelines and an automotive technician resume sample will assist you in making your Resume.
How to Write a Resume for Auto Technician Position? 7 Tips
- Use action words to create more compelling statements.
- Mention your accomplishments in a separate section.
- Start your resume with an Automotive Technician Objective or Summary statement.
- Write bullet points under each section.
- The length of your resume should be one to two pages. If you are a new graduate, then one page will work best. If you have more than five years of experience in hand, you may use two pages.
- Write a personalized professional statement at the bottom of your resume.
- Send an Automotive Technician Cover Letter along with your resume and other job application documents.
See also: Sample Automotive Technician Resume
Automotive Technician Resume Sample
Atlanta Street West, Edmonton, AB S9R 6E9
Deadline-oriented Automotive Technician with over 7 years of experience in repair, maintenance, and troubleshooting a wide range of automobiles. Proficient in diagnosing faults and repairing vehicles as per manufacturer’s specifications. A team player who has a particular focus on providing exceptional customer service. Performs multi-tasking in a fast-paced work environment.
PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS / ACHIEVEMENTS
• Complied an e-book of technical information that took information from a verified online source to update its data
• Performed training sessions for new hires by focusing on diagnosis and troubleshooting
• Effectively explained technical procedures to vehicle owners, which increased the client base by 50%
• Performed quality repair work in accordance with the SOPs, decreasing operational costs by $6000 per month
Fountain Tire – Steinbach, MB | 2018 – Present
• Diagnose, repair and complete accepted service on customer vehicles
• Advise clients on work performed, overall vehicle condition, and repair requirements
• Maintain mechanical service tools on a scheduled basis
• Operate customer vehicles in a clean and secure manner
• Support customer relations by quickly responding to customer inquiries
Cole Technicals – Springdale, MB | 2015 – 2018
• Diagnosed vehicle malfunction
• Recommended appropriate repair solutions
• Road-tested vehicles to ensure the quality of repair and maintenance
• Hire and train new personnel to work as technicians and mechanics
• Explained technical specifications to clients
Automotive Service Apprenticeship
ABC Company – Springdale, MB | 2013 – 2015
• Learned the trade while assisting lead auto technicians in all kinds of tasks
• Maintained communication with management in order to ensure awareness of mechanical repair problems
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
Interprovincial Red Seal Certification
Diploma: Community School– Springdale, MB
Current driver’s license
• Vehicle road test to ensure the quality of work done
• Follow repair orders and maintain the log of results
• Clean and organize the workplace
• Tools inventory
• Vehicle cleanliness before delivery
“I bring strong mechanical aptitude and exceptional troubleshooting skills.”