A Massage Therapist provides specialized massage and body treatments to clients. S/he must possess a comprehensive knowledge of several massage modalities with a strong understanding of body treatments. Besides job-specific skills, a massage therapist has to possess superb communication skills and needs to be intelligent enough to learn new products and service knowledge.
As a new massage therapist, you’ll need to write a compelling resume, as well as a cover letter. The content and sections of an entry-level massage therapist resume differ largely from that of an experienced candidate’s resume. That is to say, a beginner’s resume focuses on the applicant’s transferable skills, knowledge, certification, and education.
The following guidelines and 3 sample resume will guide you in this regard.
How to Write a Winning Resume for an Entry Level Massage Therapist?
In order to build an impressive resume for an entry-level massage therapist position with no experience, candidates can follow the guidelines given below:
- Start your resume with a massage therapist objective statement.
- Because you do not have any relevant experience, you should make the most of your massage therapy skills. Write your transferable skills to convince the employer that you are capable of performing the necessary tasks.
- Education and certification section is very important for candidates with no experience. Make sure you clearly mention the institute and some detail of the degree you attained along with any additional courses you took.
- Any project, internship or volunteer work you have done is worth mentioning.
Massage Therapist Resume With No Experience
344 Evergreen Ave, Clinton, NJ 73001
timothy @ email . com
Certified massage therapist seeking a position at the Montana Health and Fitness Centre to contribute using various massage therapy techniques.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Proficient in spa and massage preparation, body treatment, and deep-tissue massage.
• Well-versed in relationship building and clients’ need analysis
• Adept at delivering deep tissue and remedial massage therapies
• Skilled in sports massage, aromatic massage and stone therapy
• Profound knowledge of various skin types and suitable massage products
• Familiar with basic spa set-up procedures and safety protocols
New Jersey Certified Massage Therapist
CPR and BLS
Associate of Science in Massage Therapy
Community College, Clinton, NJ – 2019
- Allied Modalities
- Body Systems
- Human Structure and Functions
- Massage Theory
- Spa Theory
- Sports Massage
- Structural Kinesiology
• Load lifting ability – 50 lbs
• Able to perfectly take and follow instructions
• Multilingual: Fluent in Spanish, English, and French
• Computer: Proficient in windows based operations and MS office suite
Entry-Level Massage Therapist Resume Sample 2
55 6th Avenue, Dallas, TX 54178
Competent and friendly Massage Therapist enthusiastic about getting a position with Allina Health System to utilize knowledge of comprehensive massage therapy techniques.
• 4+ months’ first-hand experience as a massage therapist intern
• Texas State Massage Therapy License
• Well versed with advanced massage therapy techniques
• Familiar with Swedish, Thai and Deep Tissue Massage, Stone Therapy and Reflexology
• High level of ownership, accountability, and initiative
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Setting goals, tracking progress and striving for continuous development
• Working individually and in a team environment
• Handling and prioritizing multiple tasks simultaneously in a dynamic environment
• Developing professional relationships with customers and associates
Massage Therapy Intern
Life Time Fitness – Dallas, TX
May 2020 – Aug 2020
• Provide body care and massage services to clients using various techniques such as deep tissue massage.
• Administer body treatments for guests in keeping with treatment outline.
• Greet guests warmly with a genuine smile.
• Assess and accommodate guest requirements and inquire regarding their physical health.
• Up-sell spa products to guests.
Massage Envy – Houston, TX | 2009 – 2012
• Greeted customers and offered a thorough discussion of individual needs.
• Provided specialized massage services, for example, deep tissue, Swedish, hot stone, sports, and pre-natal.
• Maintained a soft flow of services for clients booked with several technicians.
• Offered extra services such as foot soaks and refreshments.
• Suggested spa and massage products to clients.
• Achieved service and product sales goals.
• Developed long-term relationships with clients by contacting them later to follow up on services.
60 hours of Massage Therapy Education and Training
ABC Massage Therapy School, Dallas, TX – 2020
High School Diploma
City School, Dallas, TX
New Graduate Massage Therapy Student Resume Sample
56 Garcia Lane | Anchorage, AK 90201
simoncole @ email . com
Highly enthusiastic, resourceful, disciplined, and perceptive individual, with exceptional customer service skills.
• Well-versed in administering massage therapy treatments while ensuring the clients’ wellness throughout the procedure.
• Effectively able to engage clients in conversation to determine their specific massage needs.
• Proficient in providing suggestions for the right type of therapy, based on the requirements of each client.
• Proven ability to provide clients with guidance on stretching, strengthening, and overall relaxation.
Diploma in Massage Therapy
Professional Vocational Services, Anchorage, AK – 2017
High School Diploma
Anchorage High School, Anchorage, AK – 2017
ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENTS / VOLUNTEERING WORK
• Led a wellness workshop, organized by the school to provide students with information on the benefits of exercise and therapy.
• Volunteered services at a local old people’s home.
Intern Massage Therapist
Great Wolf Resorts, Anchorage, AK
1/2020 – 7/2020
• Assisted therapists by ensuring that therapy rooms were properly cleaned and maintained.
• Arranged for supplies such as balms, oils, creams, towels, and gowns to be made available for each therapy session.
• Oversaw the levels and obtainment of supplies and maintained liaison with suppliers to ensure timely delivery.
• Maintained clients’ records
• Handle follow-ups according to facility protocol.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Client Assessment • Therapy Suggestions
Therapy Administration • Records Management
Improvement Suggestions • Client Treatment Plans
Adjunctive Therapies • Complementary Aids Use
Strong professional references are available.
At the beginning of your massage therapy career, writing a resume is usually quite a hassle. You don’t know much about what the whole resume writing business is, and it can become quite overwhelming to impress a hiring manager with what you are capable of doing.
Creating a resume that will impress a hiring manager requires you to first analyze what it is that you are capable of doing. Once you have done this, you will get a fair idea about what you need to put into your resume.
Remember that there is a thin line between writing usable information, and giving too much information. Always keep a balance between the two, so that a hiring manager does not feel that you are going overboard.