A massage therapist’s resume is a snapshot of your core strengths, abilities, and past experiences. When building a resume for a massage therapist position, you will need to consider standard resume writing protocols.
How to Write a Great Resume for Massage Therapist Position?
- Limit the length of your resume to one page, unless you have more than ten years of experience in hand.
- Make it an error-free document. That is to say, if your resume is poorly-written, unorganized, and contains spelling errors, it will negatively affect your candidacy.
- Proofread your resume many times before sending it. Have a friend, or family member proofread it.
- There are three different formats of resumes you can choose from, i.e. chronological, functional/skills, and combination. We strongly recommend writing a skill-based resume in order to get fruitful results.
- Always send a massage therapist cover letter along with your resume and job application documents.
Massage Therapist Resume Format
A resume header contains your name and contact details
The purpose of this section is to create interest in the rest of the resume. Depending on your experience, you can write either an objective or a summary statement. An objective-based resume is suitable for entry-level candidates and career changers. Experienced candidates should use a profile or massage therapist summary of qualifications instead.
Mention your massage therapy skills in this section. Use keywords.
Your achievements in a previous position are reflective of how well you will perform. So if you have some achievements in your name, you must write in a separate section.
Provide information regarding your past massage therapist job duties here. It must be remembered that you will need to include only the relevant tasks – not all of them.
Mention your education and training in this section.
Don’t forget to include your license information.
Sample Massage Therapist Resume 1
(15+ Years’ Experience)
340 Jade Avenue, Stamford, CT 54660
olivia @ email . com
Results-driven and tactful Massage Therapist specializing in Swedish and Shiatsu massage. Competent at rehabilitative massage therapeutic plan development and implementation, client consultation, and effective use of modern electromechanical massage equipment. In-depth knowledge of massage protocols, and HIPPA guidelines regarding hygiene and sanitation. Bilingual: English and Spanish.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
– Soft Tissue Analysis
– Client Consultation
– Aromatic Massage Therapy
– Shiatsu – Fitness Coaching
– Mechanical Massage
– Hot/cold compression
– Rehabilitative Massage
– Product Upselling
– Nerve Stroke
– Sports Massage
– Recovery Plan Development
Hyatt, Stamford, CT
(Oct 2013 – Present)
• Analyze the clients’ soft tissue condition, determine and recommend the appropriate type of massage.
• Develop rehabilitative message plans and guide clients about relevant exercises and stretching drills for effect reinforcement.
• Perform remedial, soft tissue, and sports massages.
• Maintain the massage equipment in functional and sanitized conditions.
• Identify exact pressure points and apply pressure with hands and fingers for pain relief.
• Educate clients regarding healthy soft tissue maintenance practices, exercises, diet, and hydration patterns.
• Introduced rehabilitative massages, which attracted additional business worth $2000 per month.
• Augmented the overall clientele by 25% through the demonstration of professional, client-oriented, and effective massage services.
• Repaired a minor defect in sports massage equipment, saving the replacement cost of $12000.
Massage Therapy Assistant
FITNESS SPA, Stamford, CT
(Aug 2005 – Oct 2013)
• Took the history of first-time clients and maintained their therapeutic records.
• Discussed the clients’ problems and answered their queries regarding massage techniques.
• Implemented the prescribed massage techniques under the direction of the Senior Massage therapist.
• Stored the massage products in a hygienic manner.
• Used wet compresses, balancing aids, and whirlpool baths for rehabilitative massages.
• Sold various massage products to clients.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
Certificate in Massage Therapy
City Technical College, Stamford, CT – 2011
Associates Degree in Arts
Stamford College, Stamford, CT – 2010
• Massage Applications
• MS Word and Excel
Massage Therapist Resume Sample 2
(10+ Years’ Experience)
322 SOme Street, Atlantic City, NJ 02698
Enthusiastic and skilled Massage Therapist with 11+ years of hands-on experience in deep tissue, shiatsu, and sports massage. Track record of providing highly organized massage services, enhancing the client’s mobility, and better flexibility. Calm temperament and honest approach to massage practices. Exceptional talent for performing professional spa massage and body treatments under the employer’s standards of practice and protocols.
- Able to maintain hygiene and sanitation standards
- A positive and polite attitude
- Well versed in cleaning and re-stocking treatment rooms
- Excellent knowledge of anatomy & physiology
- Familiar with pathology principles
Jones Rehabilitation Center, Atlantic City, NJ
2013 – Present
- Discuss with clients regarding their medical histories and problems
- Decide which massage technique will be most effective
- Apply finger and hand force to exact points of the body
- Develop and suggest client healing plans that state which types of massage are to be used
- Refer clients to other therapists when essential
- Maintain clients’ treatment records
- Provide clients with assistance and information regarding techniques for postural improvement and stretching, strengthening, recreation, and rehabilitative exercises
ABC Company, Vaughan, ON
2005 – 2013
- Performed the counteractive massage on clients using the deep tissue, sports massage, and shiatsu techniques
- Evaluated clients’ soft tissue condition, joint feature and function, muscle strength, and range of movement
- Used the balancing aids, infrared lamps, wet compresses, ice, and whirlpool baths to support clients’ recovery
- Treated clients in expert settings or tour to clients’ offices and homes
- Massaged and press muscles and soft tissues of the body to give treatment for medical conditions, injuries, or wellness maintenance
Diploma in Remedial Massage
College of Massage Therapy, Atlantic City, NJ – 2007
First Aid and CPR
Public liability and skilled indemnity insurance
Massage Therapist Resume Example 3
(5+ Years’ Experience)
536 Lang Street, La Grange Highlands, IL 92828
samworth @ email . com
Neuromuscular / Swedish / Cranio-sacral / Shiatsu
Accomplished massage therapist with 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in assisting clients in reaching their relaxation and therapy goals. Proven success in respecting client’s needs in a professional through showing sensitivity and concern. A goal-oriented individual who has a demonstrated ability to build strong professional relationships with clients.
• Employing a variety of massage therapies in accordance with each client’s individual needs.
• Using safe, appropriate and effective massage techniques in sync with client’s disability or complaint.
• Developing and executing therapeutic strategies to resolve complaints.
• Performing sports, deep tissue and Swedish massage therapies to relieve tension and heal soreness.
✓ Lymphatic Drainage
✓ Cranial Sacral Massage
✓ Therapy Modification
✓ Ultraviolet Light Usage
✓ Spa Etiquette
✓ Equipment Handling
✓ Customer Service
✓ Timed Treatments
✓ Hydrotherapy Treatment
Destination Hotels and Resorts, La Grange Highlands, IL
May 2017 – Present
• Increase client retention rate by 60% by introducing Swedish and Thai massages.
• Develop and implement a massage therapy education program that increased the new client base by 40%.
• Effectively confer with clients to determine their massage therapy needs.
• Accurately comprehend clients’ conditions, diseases, and reservations and determine therapy plans.
• Provide clients with information on types of therapies that will best suit their condition.
• Educate clients regarding the benefits of massage therapies and how long their therapy will continue.
• Prepare treatment rooms and assist clients in changing.
• Engage clients in conversation to help them feel at ease.
LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
Illinois State Licensed Massage Therapist – Current
National Certification for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork
First Aid and CPR Certified
High School Diploma
Community School, Le Grande Highlands, IL | 2007
Massage Therapist Resume Sample 4
(Short and Simple)
301 Orchid Boulevard, Scottsdale, AZ 54991
fiona @ email . com
❖❖ MASSAGE THERAPIST ❖❖
Passionate about providing collaborative, flexible and high-quality service.
Dynamic, client-focused Massage Therapist with extensive experience in delivering high-quality massage and aromatherapy to clients. Competent in remedial, sports, and relaxing massage treatments. Operational knowledge of a wide range of massage and Spa accessories, equipment, and products. Expert in Shiatsu techniques and deep tissue therapy
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
– Stone Therapy – Thai Massage
– Body Scrubs – Pre-Screening
– Aroma Therapy – Rejuvenation Therapy
– Reflexology – Deep Tissue Massage
– Emergency Handling – Spa Sanitation
– Skin / Muscle Evaluation
• Enhanced the overall clientele by 10% during the first year of employment through the implementation of effective massage techniques.
• Initiated sports massage; as a result, attracted business worth $7000 per month.
• Attained 100% client satisfaction through one-on-one consultation sessions.
Fairmot Hotel, Scottsdale, AZ
• Greet clients and recommend massage therapy based on skin type and requirements
• Carry out the required treatment as per procedures
• Schedule staff duties and maintain supplies inventory
Massage Therapist Assistant
Boyne Resort, Scottsdale, AZ
• Set up massage stations and replenish the same with products specified by the therapist
• Assisted in preparing clients for a massage while making them comfortable
• Facilitated the therapist during Spa operations and body treatments
Diploma in Massage Therapy
Some Training Center, Scottsdale, AZ
Community College, Scottsdale, AZ
• International Spa and Massage Research Centre (ISMRC)
• American Association of Massage and Aroma Therapy (AAMAT)
• Bilingual: English/Spanish
• MS office suite
• CPR Certified