A massage therapist resume is a summary of your core strengths, abilities and past experiences.
When building a resume for a massage therapist position, you will need to consider the following tips:
Massage Therapist Resume Guidelines
● Limit your resume to one page in length unless you have more than ten years of experience in hand.
● It should be an error-free document. That is to say, if your resume is poorly-written, unorganized, and contains spelling errors, it will negatively affect your candidacy.
● Proofread your resume many times before sending. Have a friend, or family member proofread it.
● There are three different formats of resumes you can choose from i.e. chronological, functional/skills and combination. We strongly recommend writing a skill-based resume in order to get the fruitful results.
Massage Therapist Resume Example
|Sara Smith|| 322 8th Street, Atlantic City, NJ 69999|
(000) 854-2541, [Email Address]
Enthusiastic and skilled Massage Therapist with 9+ years’ hands-on experience in deep tissue, shiatsu, and sports massage. Track record of providing highly organized massage services, enhancing the client’s mobility, and better flexibility. Cool temperament and honest approach to massage practices. Special talent for performing professional spa massage and body treatments under the employer’s standards of practice and protocols.
• Able to maintain hygiene and sanitation standards
• A positive and polite attitude
• Well versed in cleaning and re-stocking treatment rooms
• Excellent knowledge of anatomy & physiology
• Familiar with pathology principles
Massage Therapist 2013 – Present
Jones Rehabilitation Center, Atlantic City, NJ
• Discuss with clients regarding their medical histories and problems.
• Decide which massage technique will be most effective.
• Apply finger and hand force to exact points of the body.
• Develop and suggest client healing plans that state which types of massage are to be used.
• Refer clients to other therapists when essential.
• Maintain clients’ treatment records.
• Provide clients with assistance and information regarding techniques for postural improvement and stretching, strengthening, recreation, and rehabilitative exercises.
Massage Therapist 2009 – 2013
ABC Company, Vaughan, ON
• Performed counteractive massage on clients using the deep tissue, sports massage and shiatsu techniques.
• Evaluated clients’ soft tissue condition, joint feature and function, muscle strength, and range of movement.
• Used balancing aids, infrared lamps, wet compresses, ice, and whirlpool baths to support clients’ recovery.
• Treated clients in expert settings or tour to clients’ offices and homes.
• Massaged and press muscles and soft tissues of the body to give treatment for medical conditions, injuries, or wellness maintenance.
Diploma in Remedial Massage – 2002
College of Massage Therapy, Atlantic City, NJ
First Aid and CPR
Public liability and skilled indemnity insurance