Writing a great resume is crucial when applying for a massage therapist position.
Your resume should highlight your skills, experience, and qualifications to stand out from the competition.
Here are some steps and formats to help you create an impressive resume for a massage therapist position:
1. Contact Information:
Start with your full name, phone number, email address, and location. Make sure your contact information is up to date.
2. Professional Summary:
Write a concise summary that outlines your relevant skills and experience as a massage therapist. Highlight your areas of expertise and mention any specialized training or certifications you have.
3. Work Experience:
List your previous work experience in reverse chronological order. Include the name of the employer, job title, dates of employment, and a brief description of your responsibilities and accomplishments. Focus on relevant experiences such as working in spas, wellness centers, or clinics.
Create a dedicated section to showcase your massage therapy skills. Include techniques you are proficient in, such as Swedish, deep tissue, sports massage, or aromatherapy. Mention any additional skills like hot stone massage or prenatal massage.
5. Education and Certification:
Provide details of your education and any certifications you hold. Include the name of the institution, degree/diploma, and dates attended. Highlight any specialized training or continuing education courses you have completed.
6. Clientele and Professional Memberships:
If you have a loyal client base or are a member of professional organizations like the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA), include this information to demonstrate your commitment to your profession.
7. Software Proficiency:
Mention any software or online booking systems you are familiar with, as well as your ability to manage client appointments and maintain records.
8. Continuing Education:
Massage therapy is a field that continually evolves. Highlight any ongoing education or workshops you have attended to stay up to date with the latest techniques and trends.
Include references from previous employers or clients who can speak to your skills as a massage therapist. Seek permission from your references before including their contact information.
10. Formatting and Presentation:
Make sure your resume is well-organized and easy to read. Use a clean and professional font, and keep the layout simple and consistent.
Tailor your resume to the needs of the employer, emphasizing the skills and experiences that are most relevant to the job description provided by them.
Proofread your resume before sending it.
Here are 4 massage therapist resume samples for your further guidance.
Massage Therapist Resume Sample 1
Experience: 15+ Years
340 Jade Avenue
Stamford, CT 54660
olivia @ email . com
Results-driven and tactful Massage Therapist with 16 years of hands-on experience in Swedish and Shiatsu massage. Competent at rehabilitative massage therapeutic plan development and implementation, client consultation, and effective use of modern electromechanical massage equipment. In-depth knowledge of massage protocols, and HIPPA guidelines regarding hygiene and sanitation. Bilingual: English and Spanish.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
– Soft Tissue Analysis – Client Consultation
– Aromatic Massage Therapy – Shiatsu – Fitness Coaching
– Electro-Mechanical Massage – Hot/cold compression
– Rehabilitative Massage – Product Upselling
– Nerve Stroke – Sports Massage
– Recovery Plan Development
Hyatt, Stamford, CT
(Oct 2013 – Present)
• Introduced rehabilitative massages, attracting additional business worth $2000 per month.
• Augmented the overall clientele by 25% through professional, client-oriented, and effective massage services.
• Repaired a minor defect in sports massage equipment, saving the replacement cost of $12000.
• Analyze the clients’ soft tissue condition, and determine and recommend the appropriate type of massage.
• Develop rehabilitative message plans and guide clients about relevant exercises and stretching drills for effect reinforcement.
• Perform remedial, soft tissue, and sports massages.
• Maintain the massage equipment in functional and sanitized conditions.
• Identify exact pressure points and apply pressure with hands and fingers for pain relief.
• Educate clients regarding healthy soft tissue maintenance practices, exercises, diet, and hydration patterns.
Massage Therapy Assistant
Fitness Spa, Stamford, CT
Aug 2008 – Oct 2013
• Took the history of first-time clients and maintained their therapeutic records.
• Discussed the clients’ problems and answered their queries regarding massage techniques.
• Implemented the prescribed massage techniques under the direction of the Senior Massage therapist.
• Stored the massage products in a hygienic manner.
• Used wet compresses, balancing aids, and whirlpool baths for rehabilitative massages.
• Sold various massage products to clients.
Certified Massage Therapist (CMT)
State License to practice massage therapy
Massage Therapy Certification Program
XYZ School of Massage Therapy, Stamford, CT
Graduated: May 2008
• Massage Applications
• MS Word and Excel
Massage Therapist Resume Sample 2
Experience: 10+ Years
322 SOme Street
Atlantic City, NJ 02698
Enthusiastic and skilled Massage Therapist with 11+ years of hands-on experience in deep tissue, shiatsu, and sports massage. Track record of providing highly organized massage services, enhancing the client’s mobility, and better flexibility. Calm temperament and honest approach to massage practices. Exceptional talent for performing professional spa massage and body treatments under the employer’s standards of practice and protocols.
- Able to maintain hygiene and sanitation standards
- A positive and polite attitude
- Well-versed in cleaning and re-stocking treatment rooms
- Excellent knowledge of anatomy & physiology
- Familiar with pathology principles
Jones Rehabilitation Center, Atlantic City, NJ
2013 – Present
- Discuss with clients regarding their medical histories and problems
- Decide which massage technique will be most effective
- Apply finger and hand force to the exact points of the body
- Develop and suggest client healing plans that state which types of massage are to be used
- Refer clients to other therapists when essential
- Maintain clients’ treatment records
- Provide clients with assistance and information regarding techniques for postural improvement and stretching, strengthening, and rehabilitative exercises
ABC Company, Vaughan, ON
2005 – 2013
- Performed counteractive massage on clients using deep tissue, sports massage, and shiatsu techniques
- Evaluated clients’ soft tissue condition, joint features and function, muscle strength, and range of movement
- Used the balancing aids, infrared lamps, wet compresses, ice, and whirlpool baths to support clients’ recovery
- Treated clients in expert settings or tour to clients’ offices and homes
- Massaged and pressed muscles and soft tissues of the body to give treatment for medical conditions, injuries, or wellness maintenance
Diploma in Remedial Massage
College of Massage Therapy, Atlantic City, NJ – 2007
First Aid and CPR
Public liability and skilled indemnity insurance
Massage Therapist Resume Example 3
Experience: 5+ Years
536 Lang Street
La Grange Highlands, IL 92828
samworth @ email . com
Neuromuscular / Swedish / Cranio-sacral / Shiatsu
Accomplished massage therapist with 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in assisting clients in reaching their relaxation and therapy goals. Proven success in respecting clients’ needs as a professional by showing sensitivity and concern. A goal-oriented individual who has a demonstrated ability to build strong professional relationships with clients.
• Employing a variety of massage therapies in accordance with each client’s individual needs.
• Using safe, appropriate, and effective massage techniques in sync with the client’s disability or complaint.
• Developing and executing therapeutic strategies to resolve complaints.
• Performing sports, deep tissue, and Swedish massage therapies to relieve tension and heal soreness.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
✓ Lymphatic Drainage ✓ Cranial Sacral Massage
✓ Reflexology ✓ Therapy Modification
✓ Ultraviolet Light Usage ✓ Communication
✓ Rehabilitation ✓ Spa Etiquette
✓ Equipment Handling ✓ Customer Service
✓ Timed Treatments ✓ Hydrotherapy Treatment
Destination Hotels and Resorts, La Grange Highlands, IL
May 2017 – Present
• Increase client retention rate by 60% by introducing Swedish and Thai massages.
• Develop and implement a massage therapy education program that increased the new client base by 40%.
• Effectively confer with clients to determine their massage therapy needs.
• Accurately comprehend clients’ conditions, diseases, and reservations and determine therapy plans.
• Provide clients with information on types of therapies that will best suit their condition.
• Educate clients regarding the benefits of massage therapies and how long their therapy will continue.
• Prepare treatment rooms and assist clients in changing.
• Engage clients in conversation to help them feel at ease.
LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
Illinois State Licensed Massage Therapist – Current
National Certification for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork
First Aid and CPR Certified
High School Diploma
Community School, Le Grande Highlands, IL | 2007
Massage Therapist Resume Sample 4
(Short and Simple)
301 Orchid Boulevard
Scottsdale, AZ 54991
fiona @ email . com
❖❖ MASSAGE THERAPIST ❖❖
Passionate about providing collaborative, flexible, and high-quality service.
Dynamic, client-focused Massage Therapist with extensive experience in delivering high-quality massage and aromatherapy to clients. Competent in remedial, sports, and relaxing massage treatments. Operational knowledge of a wide range of massage and Spa accessories, equipment, and products. Expert in Shiatsu techniques and deep tissue therapy
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
– Stone Therapy – Thai Massage
– Body Scrubs – Pre-Screening
– Aroma Therapy – Rejuvenation Therapy
– Reflexology – Deep Tissue Massage
– Emergency Handling – Spa Sanitation
– Skin / Muscle Evaluation
Fairmot Hotel, Scottsdale, AZ
• Enhanced the overall clientele by 10% during the first year of employment through the implementation of effective massage techniques.
• Initiated sports massage; as a result, attracted business worth $7000 per month.
• Attained 100% client satisfaction through one-on-one consultation sessions.
• Greeted clients and recommend massage therapy based on skin type and requirements
• Carried out the required treatment as per procedures
• Scheduled staff duties and maintain supplies inventory
Massage Therapist Assistant
Boyne Resort, Scottsdale, AZ
• Set up massage stations and replenish the same with products specified by the therapist
• Assisted in preparing clients for a massage while making them comfortable
• Facilitated the therapist during Spa operations and body treatments
Diploma in Massage Therapy
Some Training Center, Scottsdale, AZ
A.S. Degree in Cosmetology
Community College, Scottsdale, AZ
• International Spa and Massage Research Centre (ISMRC)
• American Association of Massage and Aroma Therapy (AAMAT)
• Bilingual: English/Spanish
• MS Office suite
• CPR Certified
Massage Therapist Duties for Resume
- Greet clients and confer with them to determine their specific requirements
- Provide clients with information on available spa services and products
- Inquire into any allergies or medical conditions that may interfere with the effectiveness of massage
- Take and record appointments over the telephone and in-person
- Assist clients in choosing the right therapies, including massage, manicure and pedicure, and facials
- Perform massage and other therapies on clients
- Inquire into clients’ preferred pressure preferences for massages
- Respond to questions and concerns in a prompt manner
- Communicate with clients during the massage to adjust massage techniques
- Provide clients with information on post-massage care and therapy
- Clean and maintain massage areas, such as beds, and sheets
- Provide suitable recommendations to clients, in sync with their needs
- Assess clients’ soft tissue conditions, and ensure that any injuries are taken into account
- Develop and propose client treatment plans for issues such as skin dryness or joint/muscle pain
- Schedule clients for follow-up appointments and provide reminders
- Recommend retail spa products such as creams, lotions, and serums
- Oversee spa equipment and supplies inventory
- Communicate low-stock situations to spa managers
- Perform preventative and regular maintenance on spa equipment such as steamers
- Set up and organize workstations at the end of each session, to facilitate the next
- Create and maintain clients’ records and appointment statuses
Massage Therapist Skills for Resume
- Swedish massage
- Deep tissue massage.
- Sports massages
- Massage therapy sessions designing
- Sales and upselling
- Equipment maintenance
- Leads generation
- Room and table temperature management
- Music and heating stones handling
- Painful or tense areas finding
- Muscles and soft tissues manipulation
- Clients’ confidentiality
- Safe environment creation
- Medical history taking
- Written and verbal communication
- Customer service
- Relationship building
- Team player
- Quick learner
- High stamina
- Professional boundaries maintenance
- Work independently and collaboratively
- Time management
- Neat appearance
- Professional attitude
- Friendly and helpful
- MS Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Massage CRM Software
- Internet, Email, and Social Media