There is a lot of information on the web regarding what needs to be put in a Shop Manager resume but not enough information about what should not be a part of a resume.
Information that should not appear on a resume includes personal details such as birthday, height, weight, marital status and number of children.
An employer does not need to have this information unless a candidate starts working for him.
The following resume sample for the shop manager position will give you an opportunity to design your resume according to the requirements of the employer.
See also: Shop Manager Cover Letter
Shop Manager Resume Sample
872 Highpoint Road – Holmdel, NJ 73663 | Contact # | Email
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Over 9 years of experience working as a Manager
• Proficient in completing store operations by scheduling and assigning employees to different tasks
• In-depth knowledge of achieving financial objectives by preparing annual budgets and scheduling expenditures
• Highly experienced in providing above par customer services to walk-in customers
• Good knowledge of invoicing processes
• Expanded customer base by 10% in 2 months by designing and distributing advertisements on flyers
• Reduced overhead costs by 50% by managing utilities effectively
Bling-Bling – Holmdel, NJ | 2013 – Present
• Greet customers and assist them with decisions on what to buy and suggest gift ideas
• Assist in determining warranty and goodwill decisions
• Develop and manage the workforce to ensure quality work progress
• Maintain accurate accounting and cashier systems
ABC Company – Holmdel, NJ | 2009 – 2013
• Managed stocks and inventory
• Maintained the stability and reputation of the shop
• Secured merchandise by implementing security systems
High School Diploma
Holmdel High School, Holmdel, NJ
- MS Office Suite
- MS Project
- Retail software
• Good customer services skills
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Proven ability to understand and follow instructions
• Profound ability to perform simple accounting procedures