The term “project manager” can be used in a variety of settings – you may be working as a project manager for an IT organization or a manufacturer.
When you write your project manager resume, make sure that you write a project manager resume summary that is relevant to the type of position that you are applying for.
A project manager resume summary delivers information on a candidate’s abilities to do the job. This is an essential section on resumes and needs to be delved into deeply before you can move on to the next part.
View the examples below to get ideas of writing an excellent project manager summary statement.
6 Sample Summary Statements for a Project Manager Resume
1. Top-performing Project Manager with current CPM and more than five years of experience in project management. Skilled in coordinating internal resources and third parties to ensure flawless execution of the assigned projects. Able to lead and motivate multi-functional teams.
2. Dedicated and enthusiastic project manager with 15+ years’ extensive experience in managing large scale projects from the initial requirements-gathering phase to completion. Consistently received positive feedback from supervisors by leading projects from start to end in a time-efficient manner.
3. Results-oriented project manager with a 9-plus-year successful track record in leading multimillion projects. Proven ability to develop and implement detailed project plans to monitor and track project processes. Proficient in ensuring on-time deliverables by ensuring effective coordination of resources and workforce.
4. Strategic-thinking project manager with proven ability to leverage technology to develop and implement core project plans, based on initial work orders. Experienced in performing risk management activities to minimize project risks.
5. Highly experienced project manager with demonstrated expertise in determining project objectives, organizing and arranging resources, and ensuring smooth pace and on-time delivery of the assigned projects. Ability to lead and motivate multi-talented teams to bring the best results.
6. Energized project manager with documented success in planning, estimating, and organizing the overall implementation of assigned projects. Competent at providing daily direction, motivation, and support to the project team in a bid to ensure that project specifications and deadlines are met.
Purpose of a Project Manager Resume Summary Statement
Focusing on how well you fit into an organization is the basic purpose of a project manager summary statement. For challenging positions such as that of a project manager, you will need to explicitly chart out what it is that you are so good at managing – what kind of projects?
How to Write a Good Summary for Project Manager Resume?
In order to write a compelling summary statement, ask yourself what you can bring to the prospective company as a project manager and how you intend to become invaluable to the company.
Every little detail will matter, provided that you place it in a way that does not seem exaggerated or out of place.
Use short sentences where possible and stick to the truth. Do not write a resume summary that is longer than four lines.
Related: Project Manager Cover Letter Example